Repro 5 could not be loaded

jimknopf01
jimknopf01 Member Posts: 12 Member
edited December 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi,

just working my way into Komplete Kontrol after buying an S88 Mk2.

Most plugins recognized in Komplete Kontrol work fine here on a Windows 10Pro PC.

But whenever I try to load U-He's Repro1/Repro5 (VST3 plus NKS install to U-He standard locations), I get the error message "Repro 5 could not be loaded". Searched NI forums and internet, but found no solution so far.

My Repro is listed in Komplete Kontrol VST plugins as VST3, and I also added UHe's Windows path for additional NKS information (UHe folder in the Windows Documents folder)

What has to be fixed to get this going?

Best Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro
    Answer ✓

It looks like U-He plugins still load the VST2 versions via NKS, at least on Windows.

• jimknopf01
    Answer ✓

Thanks, great to hear that.

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro
    Answer ✓

It looks like U-He plugins still load the VST2 versions via NKS, at least on Windows.

• jimknopf01

Thank you, Reefius: you nailed it!

After installing the VST2 the issue was gone. A bit weird, that VST3 is still not supported by U-He for this purpose, and they don't even mention the fact and this solution on their website.

• Vik
    Vik Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2022

NKS technology was always based on the VST2 format. NKS hosts have always loaded a VST2 plugin until very recently, and most plugins will still load as VST2.

Only since just a few weeks ago have NKS hosts started to allow NKS-ready VST3 plugins. Now plugin developers could look at a new SDK whenever that's released, perhaps start work on an NKS-ready VST3 version then. As far as I'm aware though, such an SDK doesn't exist yet.

The point is, for the past years it's not been a u-he decision to support or not support VST3 for NKS.

NI host = NI's decision what they support and offer to third parties.

• jimknopf01
    edited December 2022

Thanks, Vik, and yes, that explains some of the unwelcome delay to me.

I know how both formats have pros and cons, but overall I definitely prefer the newer VST3 format over VST2. Frankly, after the transition has been announced by Steinberg such a long time ago, just like the end of VST2 support, some companies, including some big ones like NI, UAD (both finally there, but extremely late to the game) and others, have waited MUCH too long to deliver from my view. As customer and user of VSTs I have been really dissatisfied with the behavior of these companies and hope for a smooth and fast last minute transition now!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

u-he plugins that are NKS compatible have been updated now to support VST3 NKS with the latest versions of Komplete Kontrol and Maschine - just install the updates then run a rescan of plugins and NKS presets

• jimknopf01
    Answer ✓

Thanks, great to hear that.

• Chrizz Ly
    Chrizz Ly Member Posts: 4 Member

I have the latest versions of Repro installed but it still doesn't run in Komplete Kontrol. Except AAX I have all other formats installed as well as the latest version of Komplete Kontrol. I can see thumbnails as well as presets but I can't load any of these and get an error message saying that no compatible format was found.

• Chrizz Ly
    Chrizz Ly Member Posts: 4 Member

... same issues with Waldorf Largo/PPG Wave V3 ...