Reset the step sequencer to the first beat/step on S8

Kongnubbe
Kongnubbe Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello i finally got my hands on a S8. And i love it. Especially using the step sequencer on pro 3. But how do i reset the sequence to start from the first step again? To the first beat. While iam jamming along this would be good to know. so i dont have to stop exatly at the first step and then start the sequence again, so it will sync to the music iam playing. Been googeling this for days. Thanks

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    edited December 2022

Hello, I did a quick mapping on my D2 to show you the settings you need to make inside Controller Manager.

Add In --> Deck Common --> Seek Position

Type = Button

Mode = Direct

Value = 0

This works with all three Deck Flavors (Track-Stem-Remix). You could also use a beatjump value 1/4 to jump one step in the sequence.

• Kongnubbe
    Kongnubbe Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks for the answer. If iam not mistaking you cant remap the S8 which is a huuuuge pain... but the beatjump is a very good idea to try out. Why the step sequncer doesnt have a SHIFT+STOP function to reset the sequencer if beyond me. Thanks again for the answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

You can definitely overmap the S8 now. NI added that feature a while back (same applies to D2).