How to use new Kontakt 7 browser with multi setup?

TORLEY
TORLEY Member Posts: 80 Helper

I'm struggling with this —

I really like the new Kontakt 7 content browser on the whole. But I haven't figured out how to use it with a multitimbral setup.

When I'm viewing a multi, I see the old view.

I see the button I can click to toggle between "instrument view" and "content browser".

But how do I use instrument view with a particular multi part, so I can double-click and load instruments into it (and replace whatever's there previously)?

Right now it looks like continuing to double-click just adds new parts. Then I have to reassign the Out and Midi Ch which is clunky.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod
    Answer ✓

@TORLEY Thanks for clarifying your question, I see what you mean now, so to answer your question, at the moment you are right, there is no way to link the new browser to replace a specific multi part.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

yes a replace function that also preserves the routings would be awesome. As far as I know you have to do it like you described it.

• Jeremy_NI

In the "old view" there are 2 settings, the minimized view and the Multi view, you can toggle from one another here:

• TORLEY

@Jeremy_NI I also see that toggle, but there apparently is no way to route parts from the new browser view to the multi?

How do I select a multi part and then use the new browser with it? @Uwe303 and I think there's no feature for this, yet.

For example, say I want to use the new browser to audition and select an instrument part...

to specifically replace multi Part 4?

Right now if go to the new browser and start clicking around, it adds more parts at the bottom instead of REPLACING...

It's like there's the "OLD" and "NEW" browser ways but they aren't wholly integrated, yet.

So it's easier to use the new view with many single instances of Kontakt.

• Jeremy_NI

Minimized view or full on in the old browser view also affects how the new browser behaves when you load a sound. When in minimized view it will load the preset instead of the one that was previously loaded, in full view, it will load on top and add the instrument in your multi. Please check the manual: https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/kontakt-manual/en/welcome-to-kontakt

You could also check this video if you haven't already:

• TORLEY

@Jeremy_NI Thanks for explaining more, but to clarify: there's no current way to link the new browser to replace a specific multi part, right?

(That's my expected and preferred behavior, not "add the instrument to your multi" but "REPLACE a multi part".)

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@TORLEY Thanks for clarifying your question, I see what you mean now, so to answer your question, at the moment you are right, there is no way to link the new browser to replace a specific multi part.