Lores crashes kontakt if it's not the first instrument loaded?

mykejb
mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,098 mod
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Has anyone else had this problem? If I open K7 and load Lores it works fine. If I load another instrument first then load Lores Kontakt crashes.

-- Mike

Tagged:

Comments

• DeltaJockey
    DeltaJockey Member Posts: 18 Member

I tried it and don't have any problems loading following previous instruments. Lores does appear to be the most resource heavy of all my Kontakt libraries though.

Are you loading it as a second instrument in a multi, or just a single after loading a previous one?

What hardware are you running it on?

I'm using an M1 Pro Macbook Pro with 32GB of RAM in Logic with no problems.

• mykejb

This is under Windows 11, 64G RAM running Kontakt standalone. The crash occurs when Lores is loaded as the second instrument in a multi.

• DeltaJockey

Still sounds to me like some sort of resource limitation. The amount of RAM allocation for instance. I don't know enough about the tweaks to advise on this.

Until you find the solution, can you just load Lores as the first instrument in the multi? If you're using multiple MIDI channels, it wouldn't matter what order they are in? Alternatively, give it it's own Kontakt instance.

• mykejb

I don't think it's resource allocation, if it can't load a couple of instruments into 64G of memory there's something wrong somewhere. I'll try the latest beta update and if that fails I'll report it as a bug.

I could use multiple instances that's not a problem, but there's definitely a problem with K7 that needs looking at.

• DeltaJockey

Yes, I don't mean that there isn't enough RAM, (and that was just an example).

I just meant whether there is an issue with some sort of resources allocation (buffer size etc), with Kontakt or your DAW.

Just some seeds for thought.