How to use expansions?

Why are expansions not usable in kontakt player?

thinking of getting a few of these expansions but confused on NI requirements if one doesn’t own maschine? How would I access an expansion specifically looking at this black arc.

would I be able to use if I subscribe to komplete now?

im looking for some guitar skanking which is pretty specific. Any other tips would one of the new guitar instruments help or no? I figure there would be more focus on conventional playing rather than what I’m looking for. Any help or guidance would be great.

I also don’t understand why I can’t use these expansion sounds in kontakt etc.

anyway thank you!

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/expansions/black-arc/

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,320 mod
    Answer ✓

More info here: What Are Expansions?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Kittiezcat Chat was closed during the holidays but our support is always there.

Expansions used to be only Maschine expansions so the Maschine software would be the best to load them. apart from that, if you check the article that I posted What Are Expansions? At the end you have several articles linked on how to load them in other plug-ins.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Black-Arc isn't for Kontakt. Only for Maschine, Battery and Massive. But I don't know Massive X or old Massive.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

More info here: What Are Expansions?

• MIDIcity
    MIDIcity Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    • If you scroll to the bottom (or almost) of this page (see below) you see a section about "Kontakt Expansion Packs." Yet every expansion pack I have checked has a line in its "System Requirements" that says, "Please note: Expansions can't be used in KONTAKT." So what is a Kontakt Expansion Pack?"

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/komplete/expansions/

• Jeremy_NI

@MIDIcity Thanks for pointing this out. I must say I have no idea what's going on here, if it's something new or some kind of mistake on our website. I reached out for an explanation and will forward any useful info here.

• Kittiezcat
    Kittiezcat Member Posts: 2 Member

Yes exactly my point very confusing. I’ve used kontakt for years and found this unusual.

my question also was about like was their an optimal app also to access all the presets etc?

I’ve since subscribed to one of the subscription plans to access battery to play my expansions though still was unable to access them via massive x are some just for massive?

I put this off over the holidays too since there was no support/chat but would love to find out more.

I love NI just want to be able access all sounds I downloaded/purchased.

thank you!

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

If it says "MASSIVE" on an Expansion description, then the old MASSIVE is meant. Expansions usually only offer presets for the first version.

ICYMI, MASSIVE X Expansions can be found here:

• Jeremy_NI

@MIDIcity Our website has been corrected.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Kittiezcat Chat was closed during the holidays but our support is always there.

Expansions used to be only Maschine expansions so the Maschine software would be the best to load them. apart from that, if you check the article that I posted What Are Expansions? At the end you have several articles linked on how to load them in other plug-ins.