Should I return my Komplete Kontrol S88?

Chong
Chong Member Posts: 65 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete General

I'm quite disappointed at NI's customer support. It's been 4-5 days and I couldn't anything to really work. Their Native Access keeps having issues loading, starting, failing, and installing. Their Komplete Kontrol software errors out when using browser from the S88 MIDI control. There is absolute no then phone support, chat support disabled on their site, and email support is slow, cumbersome and simply didn't respond to my ticket. Based on this site, https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-angeles/profile/computer-services/native-instruments-north-america-inc-1216-13202572/customer-reviews they're not even accredited by the BBB received a 1.17 customer review rating. NI received a 1.6 start on https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.native-instruments.com site. "native instrument support ratings" on Google doesn't generate promising hope. It seems I have the same issue as this person on YouTube when using my Komplete Kontrol S88 MKII MIDI control. Since I'm new to NI, it's hardware, software, support and music producing in general, based on your experience, should I return my Komplete Kontrol S88 MKII MIDI controller? I still have time to return, I believed.

Thank you for any comments, suggestions, and recommendations.

Tagged:

Comments

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 439 Pro
    edited November 2022

The email support may take a couple of days but in my experience they tend to respond and follow up pretty well to help you get going. The problem you might be having is simply getting a handle on the NI eco system which can be pretty confusing. I recently purchased a S49 a couple of months ago and I had my own issues just understanding the whole difference between Kontakt, Komplete Kontrol and Native Access not to mention integrating it into my Ableton Live environment as well as upgrading to the new versions of Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol. But I soldiered through it reading the various manuals and have it all working the way I want it to, but I did have to occasionally open a support ticket with NI as well as Ableton to resolve certain things.

• Chong
    Chong Member Posts: 65 Member

Thank you, DunedinDragon for your input, appreciated!

• Kevpez31
    Kevpez31 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Were you able to complete your return? I’m interested in returning my s88 since it’s much more massive than I thought it was going to be.

i don’t know how to start the return process and I’m beginning to get a bit anxious that it’s not going to happen and I’m going to end up with this colossus of a controller