"Plug-in not found." Advice?

snosm
snosm Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited December 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Yep, when I try loading my NI plugins, I get the frustrating message "Loading issue. Plug-in not found. Please open the standalone application to rescan, or rescan manually in the Plug-in preferences." (I use Logic Pro, FWIW.)

I've tried "everything" (it feels), but when trying to solve the problem, I screwed things up all the more (I'm not that good about these kinds of things). I tried reinstalling Komplete Kontrol etc but to no avail. I've considered deleting "everything" (Logic, Komplete Kontrol, etc) in the hope that a fresh start will fix things, but I'm worried that this'll screw up the presets in my projects even if it turns out to solve the loading issue... (currently, when trying to play my projects, only Logic plugins work).

I know plenty of people have been in a similar situation... May I ask how you solved it? Preferably without screwing up already existing projects. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 449 Pro

Generally when I get this message from my DAW (Ableton Live) I've opened a project that's using Kontakt 6 plugins which is no longer on my system. I fix this by replacing the reference to Kontakt 6 with Kontakt 7 in my project and everything works fine. I'm sure the same thing would apply to Komplete Kontrol if your project has references to older (pre Kontakt 7) plugins.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

First of all, check if this is also happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone, then on what libraries or presets do you get the error message? Have you installed all the NI plug-ins ? Komplete Kontrol is like the shell for all other NI plug-ins.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

You never got back to us. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.