Can I set a default MIDI volume for Maschine+?

JRGariano
JRGariano Member Posts: 22 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

I use Maschine+ exclusively in standalone mode. It serves a dual use case for me. First, I use it as a fancy guitar looper where I'm playing guitar into it using the sampling/looping function. Second, I use it as a MIDI synthesizer and drum machine. I have the unit connected to an amplifier in the room where I do my music, and I like to keep the amp at a fixed volume.

When I play back the samples/loops of my guitar, the sound is substantially less loud than when I load up a MIDI sound and play it. This is not the fault of the Maschine+, but rather the rest of my guitar rig is such that if I increase the volume any more coming into the Maschine+ there will be clipping upstream. And it's not a problem in itself, as it still has enough volume to get a good recording. However, it requires me to set my amp volume to a fairly high level, and if at that amp level I play MIDI sounds, they come out very loud. I know enough to make adjustments for that (e.g. adjusting the volume output knob on the back of the Maschine+), but my elementary school kids like to sometimes turn on the Maschine+ and play with it, and they are ignorant of the various volume knobs in my setup, and they end up being freaked out by the super loud sound that comes out.

Is there a way to adjust the default system level volume/intensity of Maschine+ MIDI-based sounds that persists across projects and shutting down/starting up the system? If so, I want use that feature to lower the default MIDI sound volume so that it's consistent with my sampling/looping volume.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Well there is the Fixed Velocity button on the Maschine that allows you to specify the velocity that the pads send. And on the KB, the fixed velocity can be engaged, but it is not adjustable...but it defaults to 127...The Max...

Again, there is no "Global" setting!!!

Answers

• Blindeddie

There is no global setting for this as each synth/sampler has its own default volume and the same velocity of the midi notes would/could produce different volumes…

• JRGariano

Thanks. Is there a default velocity setting for the system that I could at least reduce?

Note that I have a Komplete Kontrol keyboard attached to my Maschine+ so I would need the setting to apply to both it's key presses and the pad presses on the Maschine+ itself.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Well there is the Fixed Velocity button on the Maschine that allows you to specify the velocity that the pads send. And on the KB, the fixed velocity can be engaged, but it is not adjustable...but it defaults to 127...The Max...

Again, there is no "Global" setting!!!

• JRGariano

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.