[New release] Review iZotope's Audiolens and win Ozone 10

2»

Comments

• libertycourt
    libertycourt Member Posts: 2 Member
    • What are you most excited about Audiolens?

We know that this is typically a source of anxiety, but there is so much to be gained by using new technology. Almost everyone else in music creation have the same concerns and fears. Whether you new to mastering or years of experience , your independence will expand by using this technology. You become the master of your sound, you learn how to manage time effectively, and you get to decide how you want your ideas to sound in the end. Success comes through personal initiative and hard work. However, Audiolens does provide far more insurance you are heading in the right direction.

• What makes you the perfect person to review this one-of-a-kind product?

As a customer, I can recall many memories in which I had a bad experience with a product as a result of its poor quality but kept returning to that product nevertheless. Every great product has its ability to solve our problems and a unique way of contributing its functions to our creativity. Using Audiolens (especially with Ozone 10 advanced) can help me gain a better understanding of mastering and thus, is highly crucial and can have a snowball effect on my growth— because it allows me to appreciate the value of your product and consequently, think positively of my music and tell more about you to friends, family, etc. At the end of the day, it’s what shapes people’s perception of a particular product and helps them decide whether to stick with it or not. When a user doesn’t feel good about a product’s sound, it’s highly likely that they’ll be done with it after some time.

• jhbennett45
    jhbennett45 Member Posts: 4 Member

Finding somewhere in my head a sound, a memory, a band, an old LP. Flicking over to my favourite streaming service and within seconds I have the track belting out. A further few seconds, I have Audiolens listening along with me and creating a Reference which I name with love.

A further flick over to my favourite DAW, firing up either a track with Neutron 4 or the whole mix with Ozone 10, the Reference track is there awaiting me.

Bring on the sound, the memory, the band, the old LP and breathe in this life into the new creation.

Done.

Years of music washing over me. Never standing still. The ears and the memory fades, but the heart and feelings are there. Where is that bass cutting through from 1970? Where is that beautiful wall of sound? Who was that singer edging through the mass of electronic wizardry? Fast forward to the streaming service with the record shop, the live concert, the forgotten recordings all at my fingertips.

Here, in my little room, I have the world, and can now refer and match any musical creation's nuances to my own humble melodies, traps, stems, hips, hops, mixes and the finished works. But.

Never standing still.

• jakubpatok
    jakubpatok Member Posts: 50 Advisor

Audiolens allows me to test my mixes in reference to the professional songs that I listen to every day. While making a song, I am often inspired by the work of a certain artist. The opportunity to compare my track to the well-known songs written by my favourite producers or musicians is invaluable. Audiolens makes it possible to take our musical creations to the next level and bring it closer to the sound of the professionals. What is more, I believe that not everything can be perfectly measured by our ears. The visual representation of the sound is helpful. I have used iZotope Tonal Balance Control for many years, but Audiolens will surely replace it soon as a similar, but improved, musical tool. It is also important to add that it is convinient that I do not have to upload any audio files to compare my track to other songs. I can just play a song from one of the most popular streaming services and yes, that's it! It's that easy! And... have I mentioned that Audiolens is free? Well, can you expect something better?

I have 10-year experience in music production but I am still not the best at mastering. This makes me the perfect person to review AI-driven tools. iZotope Ozone 10 and Audiolens will lead me in the process of mastering and, at the same time, will help me to improve in this area of music creation. Although I have already used Audiolens, I would also like to have a chance to check how it works together with Ozone 10. Oh, and it's the Advanced version?! Wow, that makes me really excited. Well, I cannot afford to buy the plugin for now so maybe it's the only opportunity for me to get it. Moreover, even though I am a native speaker of Polish, I am a graduate of English studies so you do not have to worry about the perfect language in my review. Just saying... maybe this will convince you!

• dkk
    dkk Member Posts: 2 Member

it's not hard to be excited about software that can analyse the sound of music through the years and to this point the idea of being able to see how something sounds and then being able to better understand the dynamics that have possibly been undertaken in creating that sound. to visually explore and then be able to factor decisions while pursuing one's own unique sound. definitely exciting times.

i believe i'm the person perfectly placed to review this product because i've been on the journey with izotope since version 4 of ozone and because of this the whole sound of my productions has been greatly shaped by the range of izotope products. what makes me perfect then to review the one of a kind product is a knowledge of what the products mean to an end user and being able to distill that information into an understanding for existing and new users.

• jeffped
    jeffped Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2022

New ideas. I'm an old sound guy and musician. I know what I like and I know how to make it happen. That does not mean my mind is not open to new possibilities. My career has been based on discovering problem solving methods and improving efficiency. I am hoping this new tool can be my unbiased partner - offering suggestions and not being insulted if I don't agree. Maybe I can learn some new tricks and get out of a rut.

• jeffped
    jeffped Member Posts: 10 Member

It takes a lot to impress me. If this product is something I find of value I can explain why. If not I see no reason to sit here and bash the company. I have made good use of Native Instruments and Izotope RX has done miracles for me.

• Balarila
    Balarila Member Posts: 15 Member

What are you most excited about Audiolens?

Starting to produce music yet not having any formal training (except for a few years of piano lessons), it is always useful to have baselines upon which to mold my work. Audiolens (from my rudimentary exploration) seems to be a magical tool that allows me to model my music against other masters' work.

What makes you the perfect person to review this one-of-a-kind product?

Am not a sound engineer and I am from the other side of the globe from you (Asia). But I have a body of work accumulated over more than 40years from musicals I've written (produced three in my younger years) when MIDI was not yet invented. Now re-producing all these songs (with orchestral and choral backgrounds) as I find more time since retiring from work.

I offer a fresh perspective from a different culture and different environment from many here, I assume. Having a Physics degree, I may also stray into the technical discussions that blend into aesthetic perceptions.

• Tom Auger
    Tom Auger Member Posts: 25 Member

For years I have been focusing on mastering using my ears - and this has included everything from picking the perfect reference tracks, studio monitor calibration, headphone selection, transducer simulation software, and of course, signal chain analysis.

Audiolens is a perfect supplement to all this essential work because it works in the visual domain, providing some alternative information vectors to allow even better triangulation of mastering issues. I'm particularly excited to see how it works on below-average material to help me dial in a perfect master.

My current job has me mastering many tracks every week, and much of the source material is of a below-average quality, which I am tasked with mixing and later mastering up to a higher standard. I have been doing this for about 3 years now and have been experimenting with reference material, workflow optimizations, changes to monitoring environment and hardware. It will become quickly apparent to me how inserting Audiolens into the workflow affects the process, the results, and (most importantly to me) my efficiency. With more visual information to add to what I'm picking up with my ears, I should theoretically be able to shave of some time in a process that I have repeated 1,000s of times.

Because most of my source material is significantly below industry standards, I'm hoping that my review will be more accessible to a wider audience of professional, semi-professional and amateur/hobbyist producers. I hope to be able to describe the results of the plugin in language that is accessible to all audiences while remaining technical enough to satisfy even a seasoned professional.

• Mathieu
    Mathieu Member Posts: 13 Member

What are you most excited about Audiolens? 

After checking out Audiolens and diving into it a little bit, I'm torn between what I'm most excited about: 

• Its ability to match timbre from a reference source and apply it onto another source.  
    • Being able to reference without the need of downloading or recording through audio MIDI devices and virtual outputs. 

What makes you the perfect person to review this one-of-a-kind product? 

I don't own Ozone 10 yet and haven’t been able to apply my Captures yet as Targets. 

Being given the opportunity to review Audiolens would allow me to share my experience of using it from the perspective of someone who isn't familiar with Ozone. 

I think a review written from such a perspective would be indicative of how user-friendly the software is. That makes me the perfect person to review this. 

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Thank you for all the comments everyone! Happy to see you're as excited as us about Audiolens. So cool to hear from both professionals and bedroom producers as well.

We've picked two people to write us reviews. Keep an eye on your DM. If you're the chosen one, you'll get a message from me. 😇

This discussion has been closed.