Kontakt 7 .dll PlugIn?

MathiasComposer
MathiasComposer Member Posts: 1 Member

By switching the PlugIn format to VST3 only, Kontakt 7 can't be used as PlugIn for Sibelius and most likely a number of other professional music production software.

Does anyone experience the same problem? My suggestion: Native Instruments should continue to provide a .dll interface to the current and future versions of Kontakt Player. How can we convince them to do so?

Best Regards

Mathias

Tagged:

Comments

• Enrique Sanchez
    Enrique Sanchez Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello, Matthias:

I am thoroughly frustrated that I, a Finale user, cannot seem to load KONTAKT7, either! What was NI thinking by excluding our two ENORMOUS group of composers (Finale and Sibelius) from using their latest and probably best version?

๐Ÿ˜•

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@MathiasComposer @Enrique Sanchez Steinberg will soon stop support for the VST2 format in favour of VST3. There is little reason to create a new plug-in in a format that is destined to be retired soon. Finale and Sibelius will have to adapt to the VSt3 format sooner or later, they probably are doing it right now.

• kenrob2037
    kenrob2037 Member Posts: 14 Member

Yep, Kontakt 7 don't work in any version of Sibelius too.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

I see that my answer was not clear enough. Kontakt 7 is VST3 only, so there is no dll file for Kontakt 7, as this is a VST2 file.

If your software, being Sibelius or Finale does not support VST3 yet, we would recommend contacting them to know if and when they will support the VST3 format.