Why is my Komplete 12 not readable by my computer?

I went to plug in the external drive but my computer keeps saying the disk in unreadable.

Best Answer

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Faulty disk?

dunno why it isn't readable but a slew of questions:

is it an NI issued disk?

What kind of computer are you on (can always help to know)?

Tried a different USB cable/port?

If connecting via a Hub have you tried connecting direct?

Have you tried to just install Native Access, login to your account and install things that way (no disk needed)?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Twintelemusic Have you tried to open Native Access yet? Do you get an error message from Native Access ? From your Mac ? Can you post a screenshot then?

• Twintelemusic
    Twintelemusic Member Posts: 3 Member

I have resolved the issue of loading the disk to my desktop. But now the disk is empty. It is a native instrument issues external drive. Komplete 12 series. and yes native access is open and updated. I have tried different usb ports and even different computers. This is the first time i am running into this problem in the 4 years I had it. if by chance it was erased I have no idea how to re-install the software except for the native access download option but that wont work for me either.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Twintelemusic It could be your hard drive is faulty. You should still be available to download all your products. I'm not sure what can be done for your defective hard drive but you can contact our hardware department here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware