Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 cannot load Kontakt Instruments with Kontakt 7 installed.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited November 2022

@iNate Regarding the VST3, VST3 files are installed by default for all manufacturers of plug-ins and all DAWs will look into that folder to load the VST3 plug-ins. That's part of the thing with this format, avoid vst administration issues with folders all over the place. For VST3 you should simply install the plug-ins and not move anything. This way, all your updates will go smoothly.

• Jeremy_NI

@Mavros Since OP is on Windows and it was an issue with plug-in administration, your issue is different. If issue persists, creating a new thread might be more helpful, as users with the same setup could help out.

You didn't specify if you were using Logic in Rosetta mode or not. Let us know if the updates improved the situation.

• Mavros
    Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member

Yes if the issue is strictly Windows that would be appropriate. The most recent updates giving M1 compatibility of both KK and Maschine have solved a lot of issues but unfortunately created some others as is usual for a first version. I need to test some more to get a clear reproducible picture and will open a new thread if really problematic. The Maschine in midi mode issue with the transport buttons which I posted in a separate thread is still there unfortunately.

Note that you in general never have to run Logic in Rosetta mode as it runs, contrary to e.g. Cubase, 90+% of plugins independently if they are native or intel. As long as there is an AU version it works I think. Having said that you do sometimes have very long loading times with non M1 compatible plugins in M1 mode like those of VSL which do not occur when running in Rosetta mode.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 151 Advisor

It's not an issue with plug-in administration. I only mentioned that I tried leaving them in the default location to preempt the obvious "where are the VSTs installed" follow up question. Covering all of my bases, if you will.

It's still 100% broken. If I install Kontakt 7 and Factory Library 2, Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 cannot load any Kontakt Libraries at all.

If I install Kontakt 6 + FL1 + K7, they will load libraries, but using Kontakt 6. If I install K6 + FL1 + K7 + FL2, nothing loads.

So, I can get stuff to load in KK and Maschine only if I do not install FL2, and even then Maschine 2 will always use Kontatk 6 - everything will break in Maschine 2 even if I can somehow get Komplete Kontrol to load Kontakt 7.

The whole thing is an utter ****** show, and it feels like Native Instruments has done very little testing to catch these edge issues, so they have no clue whatsoever how to fix it - nor do they have any incentive to do so, since they're going to keep your money whether you can use the software or not.

I've stopped responding to support because they don't seem to have a clue what the issue is, how to fix it... and in many cases they don't even seem to understand what the problem being described is. I'm typing the same ****** over and over again. It is a waste of time.

For now, the "fix" is to pretend I didn't buy Kontakt 7 Upgrade at all, and accept that I've wasted $100+.

The only thing I haven't tried is completely wiping both machines and reinstalling everything from scratch, OS and all. That is not going to happen. My PCs are not the issue, and the chances that two completely different PCs would have this same "issue" ... I'd like some objective proof of that before I decide to waste 5+ hours of my time rebuilding each setup, which would involve reissuing activation codes for multiple software packages, etc. that are hardware activated.

• Jeremy_NI

@iNate Well, it seems you finally replied to my colleague saying that the issue was finally fixed, without the need to reinstall your whole OS.

• Jim-GS Studios
    Jim-GS Studios Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having the same issue on my Mac. Just purchased the Machine +, and I am using it in DAW mode with Studio one. When using Machine 2, it will only load Kontakt 6 for sound use. Kontakt 7 is not even an option. However when using Machine in its stand alone software on my Mac, it uses and loads Kontakt 7 with no issues.

Kontakt 7 is not even an option within the Machine 2 VST plug in.

I can also open Kontakt 7 as a plug in on a channel with no issues, just not within machine 2.

Hopefully they will update it soon

• Jeremy_NI

@Jim-GS Studios There seems to be a little confusion here. Kontakt 7 is VST3 only. At the moment Maschine Plus doesn't support VST3 at all. If you're planning on moving projects from the Maschine 2 software on your Mac to the Maschine Plus you should only use VST2 plug-ins, be it Massive or Kontakt 6.

Now, the issue you seem to report is that Kontakt 7 doesn't show in Maschine when in Studio One. Does it show when using the Maschine 2 standalone software? Do you get an error message ? What is your Mac operating system? Is it a M1 computer ? If it's a M1 are you using Studio One in Rosetta mode or in ARM / M1 native mode ?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert

We just encounter this problem yesterday on a friend's studio and after some investigation i found a solution (at least for his case).

It is really ridiculous but, the VST3 plugin has to be on C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and NOT in a subfolder (such as C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Native Instuments or C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Samplers etc. etc.) or in ANY custom VST3 folder!

Simply said, if the plugin is in a subfolder (or any custom VST3 folder), it doesn't load on Maschine! If you put it in the main VST3 folder, it loads!

• Rogue87
    Rogue87 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I’m not sure what they’ve done, but it’s caused a lot of problems for me. I’ve wasted a ton of time and energy. Trying to figure out why Kontakt wont load in maschine. I have kontakt, kontakt 5, kontakt6 and 7 But contact seven doesn’t want to load. Contacts six is gone all together. And I can open contact five or regular contact as a vST but when I go through my browser, it won’t let me load a lot of the Contant after previewing it. But like I said, I can open older versions and search for it. It’s just weird and I don’t get it. We have all spend a lot of money to have problems like this, that are not resolved in a timely manner

• Jeremy_NI

@Rogue87 It seems that you didn't contact our support regarding these issues, they might be able to help resolve your issues, you can get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine

• jklos
    jklos Member Posts: 7 Member

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I'm getting these errors when trying to load Arturia NKS instruments and Reaktor instruments when they're inside a Machine Kit. I haven't tried all my Kontakt instruments yet within Machine. I also can't load any Waves, Arturia or NI effects within Machine. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this yet?

• jklos
  • Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

sorry my post was i bit wrong, if you have all vst3 installed and on a new project you see them, then you can´t do much, maybe run in rosetta mode and try later again in native apple silicon mode

• Jeremy_NI

@jklos I assume you have a M1 or M2 mac. Reaktor 5 is now discontinued so it will never get to be a VST3 plug-in or natively compatible with Apple Silicon. You'll need to use Maschine 2 in Rosetta mode.

For Arturia plug-ins, this happens when you try to open a preset from the browser of Maschine, right? If you load from the left browser they will load fine. An update is needed on Arturia's side to update the NKS files (responsible for the browser).

More info here: KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE Error: "*Product* could not be loaded, as it may not support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration."

• jklos

Hi Jeremy,

Yeah I have an M1 Mac. Yeah it's the browser part of machine. Loading from the left browser seems to work. I can load my Waves plug ins from there as well but i can't control them with the Machine hardware unfortunately. i use Reaktor 6 but I got that error when i was loading some kits in Machine that i assume use a reaktor 5 instrument of some sort. Thank you for your help.