Primary Sampler ensembles listing (UL and Factory)

arachnaut
arachnaut Member Posts: 81 Advisor
edited October 2022 in Building With Reaktor

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but the data is hard to reproduce nowadays so I will provide a data dump for those who are interested.

Reaktor ensembles used to be written in a format that would allow searching for primary module types in the binary of the ensemble. The format has changed (or is compressed?).

For example the string

"KSModul\0x01\0x00\0x00\0x00\0x00??\0x00\0xE2" {in regexp format}

could be used to locate the 'Beat Loop' primary module.

I made a script (in 2012) to list module types and used my ensemble folder paths to list all the ensembles that contained examples of modules by type. I used this to learn how to use the samplers in creative ways. The ensembles include the factory library and a large amount of files from the user library. I tended to download everything back then, so it is rather complete as far as things go from that time.

The output format from the script is the path on my system to the ensemble of that type.

For example:

2012-08-10 10:48:40 PM

Search String: Use Script file: J:\Searches\sr32\Reaktor-Beat-Loop.SRS

Replace String: Use Script file: J:\Searches\sr32\Reaktor-Beat-Loop.SRS

Path: Use Script file: J:\Searches\sr32\Reaktor-Beat-Loop.SRS

File Mask: Use Script file: J:\Searches\sr32\Reaktor-Beat-Loop.SRS

Search Subdirectories, Case Sensitive, Regular Expression

Processing file : C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Reaktor 5\Library\Ensembles\Classics\Grooveboxes\Scenario.ens

Offset 0x13e4a3 - <KSModul   v" â>

Offset 0x3b53de - <KSModul   v" â>

Offset 0x762acf - <KSModul   v" â>

Offset 0x947d5d - <KSModul   v" â>

Found 4 occurrences.

Processing file : C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Reaktor 5\Library\Ensembles\Electronic Instruments Vol. 2\Fast FX 1.3.ens

Offset 0x295e31 - <KSModul   {" â>

Found 1 occurrences.

Processing file : C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Reaktor 5\Library\Ensembles\Legacy Library\Library Reaktor 3\Essentials\Ensembles\Overviews - Instrument\Overview - Modules.ens

Offset 0x1ab86 - <KSModul   §! â>

Found 1 occurrences.

Processing file : C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Reaktor 5\Library\Ensembles\Legacy Library\Library Reaktor 3\Essentials\Ensembles\Overviews - Macro\Overview - Modules.ens

Offset 0x1ab86 - <KSModul   §! â>

Found 1 occurrences.

and so on...

From those output listings I compiled just the ensemble file paths and sorted them by file name. For example:     

These Reaktor ensembles feature the Beat Loop macro:

G:\Reaktor 5\Ensembles\Chris List files\BeatLookup-v5.simple.ens

G:\Reaktor 5\Ensembles\Chris List files\Ginsu-Grain-Player.4.1.ens

G:\Reaktor 5\Ensembles\Chris List files\PitchShift.ens

G:\Reaktor 5\Ensembles\Chris List files\WeirdShaper.ens

and so on...  

Although these paths are unique to my system, the file names are not and probably are still in the Reaktor User Library.

So I've attached a RAR file of all the Primary Samplers used at that time (2012).

Maybe someone learning Primary can benefit from this.

The modules are:

Beat Loop,

Grain Cloud,

Grain Pitchformer,

Grain Resynth,

Sample Lookup,

Sampler FM,

Sampler Loop and

Sampler.