Revert back to Guitar Rig 5

Options
2»

Comments

• lauryfriese
    lauryfriese Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi I'm running a guitar 6 rig, all other audio sources will be blocked. Can't use spotify, can't open youtube videos.

• MegS
    MegS Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi @Kveez, I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you have a slower computer. It lags a lot and just kills the vibe. I'm going back to Rig 5 because it's so much easier to use.

• Vjay
    Vjay Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

@MegS

I totally agree with you. Wasted money on buying guitar rig 7 @ full price and has issues. Guitar rig 5 works best. The issue is guitar rig 5 essentials always shows up as demo and no positive feed back to get going. Not happy with NI solving issues.

Regards

Vijay

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

@Vjay

I'm sorry to here that you are having issues with Guitar Rig 7. What exactly are your problems, maybe I can help you?

Cheers,

Eddie

• Vjay
    Options

Hello Eddie

Thank you for reverting back to me.

Guitar Rig 7 ( mac os ) : When I open GR7 on the desktop the latency is too much with lots of noise, But if I minimize it, it seems to work fine. If i want to tweak the setting on the desktop console, it just can't be done. Same issue when I open it on Logic Pro !!

Why does "guitar rig 5 essential" patches show as demo ?? Then why do you allow it to be downloaded and installed in the first place ??

I was very happy GR5 when I played on it at a studio.

Thank you for your time.

Have a great day.

Regards

Vijay

• Eddie_NI
    Options

Without more info about your system it's hard to diagnose the problem. What are your system specifications, which macOS version and what kind of audio device (built-in or external) are you using?

And I'm not sure I fully understand your question about the Guitar Rig 5 Essential patches? What exactly is the problem there? You have Guitar Rig 5 and can't load some patches?

• Vjay
    Options

Dear Eddie

I attach the screen shot Mac OS I am using along with the Audio interface I am connected to.

How do I get rid of the DEMO in GR5 essentials !!!!

As explained earlier GR7 works when the desktop view is minimized !!

I am sure you will be able to solve the issues.

Thanks in advance. Have a great day

Regards

• Eddie_NI
    Options

In order to activate Guitar Rig 5 you need to enter your serial number in Native Access.

As to your problems with Guitar Rig 7:

Your system barely meets the minimum hardware requirements for Guitar Rig 7, but your macOS version is not supported. What does the cpu load meter in the top right corner of Guitar Rig show when you encounter the problems you described? In any case, you can try to increase the buffer size on you audio interface.

• Vjay
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello Eddie

Thank you for your reply.

What I fail to understand when you say " In order to activate Guitar Rig 5 you need to enter your serial number in Native Access. "

I list out all the products included in my purchase and there no where GR5 essentials is to be found. I attach all the serials for your reference.

Yes my Mac book is quite old and may not be fit for the newer software. I am looking to upgrade to a Mac Mini sooner ( M1 ) and don't to miss out on anything I purchased.

Look for ward to hearing from you.

Have a nice day

Regards

Vijay

• Eddie_NI
    Options

Please do NOT share your serial numbers in a public forum! I deleted them from your post.

• Eddie_NI
    Options

I looked your serials and it does not look like you own any license for Guitar Rig 5. Why do you think you should have one? Did you buy it or get it from somewhere else?

• Vjay
    Options

Dear Eddie

Really sorry for posting my serials in the open I did realize this after my post. Really sorry about this.

On installing Native access it automatically installed GR5 essentials on my system.

Regards

Vijay

• Eddie_NI
    Options

That is interesting. I suggest you get in touch with our customer support to have them check your licenses.

• Vjay
    Options

Dear Eddie

Thank you for your mail and will get in touch with Customer support as suggested by you.

Have a nice day

Regards

Vijay

• Miakas
    Miakas Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

It's good The odd thing is that everything went well for the first four days.