I can't get Electric Sunburst to play MIDI File

Options
Keyplayer
Keyplayer Member Posts: 6 Member

Hello,

I'm on Kontakt 6 (Ver. 6.70) using with Nuendo 12. I've got a MIDI part that I want to trigger the Electric Sunburst instrument. I can clearly see that it's getting signal. If I use the cursor or a key from my keyboard to trigger a note, I get sound. But when I play the MIDI part, all I get is the MIDI activity light flashing on the instrument but no sound. Worse, once I've attempted to play the MIDI part, I no longer get ANY sound out of the patch unless I change programs. Then I'm back to square one: a single note triggered from the cursor or keyboard.

Can anyone here help me with this?

Best Answer

• Keyplayer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Never mind, I figured it out. The part was out of the instrument range. It played 2 of the notes later on in the line. So I changed the octave and now it plays correctly. Thanks for your reply!😄

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Options

Zip up and post the midi file so someone can test… more than likely there are Midi CC events in the midi that is causing your issues… also mention the patch and ESB version you are using.

• Keyplayer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Never mind, I figured it out. The part was out of the instrument range. It played 2 of the notes later on in the line. So I changed the octave and now it plays correctly. Thanks for your reply!😄