upgrade to mk3 controller

Digger65
Digger65 Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi forum

have been away from machine since mk1 but still have my Machine 2 licence

wishing to perhaps get a S/H mk3 controller and get back up and running

any likely issues running on my aging 10.12.6 2.4GHZ laptop until i can upgrade?

any forseeable issues registering a SH mk3 unit?

anything else to consider before taking the leap?

thanks in adv

D

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Yes indeed, 10.12 will make it difficult for you to have everything working, but not impossible. You can still use Native Access 1 to activate your products, and you can check what versions are needed for your NI products: Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

I would still suggest to update first to 10.14 at least, 10.15 if you can, this way you'll be able to have it functioning for longer. Anyhow, before investing any money, you should test the Maschine software on it's own and see how it performs on the computer, what controller you use doesn't affect performance that much.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

May wanna invest in a new laptop first.

10.12 is unsupported by Apple, which means it is also unsupported by the rest of the world. Native Access and Maschine software require min of 10.14 to install so that is your first hurdle.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Yes indeed, 10.12 will make it difficult for you to have everything working, but not impossible. You can still use Native Access 1 to activate your products, and you can check what versions are needed for your NI products: Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

I would still suggest to update first to 10.14 at least, 10.15 if you can, this way you'll be able to have it functioning for longer. Anyhow, before investing any money, you should test the Maschine software on it's own and see how it performs on the computer, what controller you use doesn't affect performance that much.