How Do I Remove Key Switches From An Instrument?

Options
Sock
Sock Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

I'm messing around with an instrument which has no sections or multis just individual instruments with switching. I don't ever really go under the hood on Kontakt so this is new to me but I want to load several instruments as my new multi. If I attempt to play anything I'm stepping all over the key switches of one instrument while attempting to play another. I don't currently really have a need for anything but the default instrument that loads for each instrument. How can I disable all of the instruments key switches and save that as a new multi? I wouldn't mind removing the colors of the switching in the keyboard either though not necessary. I would prefer to just have blue key show the range of the multi I am creating but again that's not the priority.

Suggestions, thanks?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

AFAIK If the instrument itself doesn't offer a toggle then you would have to have some scripting knowledge, not that trivial... Also, that requires passwords depending on what instrument you want to edit.

The easy way would be to limit the Key Range of the Instrument.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Options

Modifying keyswitches could be very difficult depending on the actual Instrument and how many Groups and the level of scripting etc... it's Kind of a slippery slope. Not knowing the actual libraries you want to modify precludes me from providing any additional information.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

AFAIK If the instrument itself doesn't offer a toggle then you would have to have some scripting knowledge, not that trivial... Also, that requires passwords depending on what instrument you want to edit.

The easy way would be to limit the Key Range of the Instrument.

• josh1138
    josh1138 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi there. I am working with Electric Sunburst. I tried to alter the key range so when playing live, I could disable the key switch. While this was easy with another instrument , I found it impossible here. The range does not match. Anyone have this experience and ideas on how to work around it?

• tam mat
    tam mat Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I set the key range, but the layered instrument which play on the left part is triggering the key switche notes which is changing the tone for the right part instrument.