A25 KK Keybord not controlling Studio One when Maschine is connected

Freddy Spow
Freddy Spow Member Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi everybody Recently picked up an A25 keyboard and it works perfectly in Studio One 6 to control it as expected.

But...

When I add the maschine's plugin in a new track all of this functionality stops working. When I click on 'Track Instance' I expect to be able to control SO as before but doesn't work.

How can I use both the A25 and Maschine together in Studio One?

(I read that the problem was the same in other DAWs, including Ableton Live)

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

that's normal behavior, if a maschine or kk instance is selected and in focus, the controllers get bound to it, in case of kk only kk keyboards. You can use the instance button and select another instance of maschine or kk, or use the 4d encoder to switch through S1 channels. And normally with it goes the focus.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

that's normal behavior, if a maschine or kk instance is selected and in focus, the controllers get bound to it, in case of kk only kk keyboards. You can use the instance button and select another instance of maschine or kk, or use the 4d encoder to switch through S1 channels. And normally with it goes the focus.

• Freddy Spow

it's a shame that it's normal but actually by switching to another vst instance the transport control works

I had focused on the blocking and had not understood how to circumvent it so thank you

• Freddy Spow
    edited October 2022

actually it's quite logical

why absolutely want to control maschine in the daw with the A25? while the MK3 is right next to the keyboard and is made for that

I'm a little psychorigid sometimes 🙂