😭problem still present😭for now I will not renew my subscription to beatport

Edizione Windows 11 Pro

Versione 22H2

Data installazione: ‎23/‎06/‎2022

Build sistema operativo 22621.675

Esperienza Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 582 Pro

You should be able to rollback the 22h2 to version 21H2 to fix it. No need to go all the way back to Windows 10.

• d_j_m
    d_j_m Member Posts: 54 Helper

Nope, can't do that either, unless there's an easy way I'm not aware of. After 10 days, Microsoft removes the ability to EASILY roll back, and the only other way I can see to do it requires too much effort lol...

Since I don't need the service and just enjoy it, it was just more convenient to stop using Link for a minute. I had the advanced membership and streaming, without fail, always glitches somewhere - so I never use it for live mixing. I use it mostly to work with stuff until I finalize a set list, and then I buy the tracks. It sounds stupid, maybe, but it actually helps me keep a cleaner library, and to easily and legally record a set in Traktor (I'm aware and have the capability of recording myself streaming, but I am a nice person and an artist myself, so I go through the appropriate channels).

Unfortunately, trying to turn Link OFF was a PITA too, because even if you sign out of Beatport Link, all the Link tracks remain and Traktor looks for them when you boot up. You can't PLAY them, but the listing is there in your playlists and track collections. In order to get rid of them you have to sort and delete manually in chunks. The inconvenience in that was a desire to simply see my own library so I knew exactly what I had to work with offline.

• Dj Raven
    Dj Raven Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same issue tried multiple sound cards machine mk3 main out s4 mk2 also disabled all sound devices other than s4. Change setting to highest latency. No help. No option to roll back windows update. Not an issue on my MacBook. Did a fresh install of windows 11. No help. Then had fun trying to get beatport streaming to work again joy.

• d_j_m
    d_j_m Member Posts: 54 Helper

Beatport has actually been far better at responding to this than NI right now - there's an official Beatport Streaming group on Facebook, and someone from Beatport has been directly responding to people there.

This is now a known issue, and Beatport and NI and actively working to resolve it - it is due to the most recent Windows 11 upgrade.

I downgraded my BP account to Essential until it's resolved bc there is no reason to pay for streaming until it works, but there's a whole 'nother mess after that: even if you log OUT of Beatport Link in Traktor Pro 3, all the BP Link track listings still show up. It would be nice if there was an easy way to get those out of sight when not logged in (I did a column sort/delete to make that happen, as deleting my entire collection.nml file would have deleted all my playlists, etc. too).

• Noer
    Noer Member Posts: 2 Member

I have the same issue with the latest Windows update. Is there any way of following when they will have a fix for this? This is extremely frustrating.

• ErwinC
    ErwinC Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2022

Ha, I'm not alone.

Not sure if they are really working on it, I posted this in the Beatport stream group and had no response.

• mrjayeye
    mrjayeye Member Posts: 2 Member

having the same problem, reached out to beatsource. Below is their response -

Katrina (Beatsource Customer Support)

Oct 25, 2022, 17:15 MDT

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, this is a Traktor-specific issue, particularly with Windows 11. I suggest reaching out to Native Instruments to report the issue so they are aware you are experiencing this.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

• kaikoala
    kaikoala Member Posts: 5 Member

Had the same issue. Going back to Windows 10 fixed it.

• zephry

I guess there is a way to still roll back keeping Windows 11. 21h2 after the 10 day cap.

It involves making a bootable drive with software called Rufus. I guess that software keeps an ISO of the 21h2 version.

Also there are a lot of complaints about the 22h2 release, including specific problems with AMD Ryzen.

I hope with all the negative feedback, especially from the gaming community. That Microsoft is working on this.

• Noer
    Noer Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2022

From 3.7.0 Beta 1:

Known Issues that we’re still working on :

• Audio glitches on M4A files introduced in the latest Windows 11 update.

I tested. Its currently not fixed yet in the beta.

• Pedro_NI
    Pedro_NI Customer Care Posts: 11 mod

The issue is being addressed as @Noer referred.

At the moment the workaround should be to roll back to the 21h2 Win11 build like @zephry mentioned or avoid the m4a format.

• LadyVintage
    LadyVintage Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello everyone,

First time posting!😎

Having exactly the same issue, running on Windows 11 22h2 AMD processor

Tried different versions of Traktor 3 and always the same glitched sound playing from Beatport

Also updated S3 driver and the problem doesnt go away

I have a fresh Windows 11 install I can't roll back to a different build 😕

• Pedro_NI
    Pedro_NI Customer Care Posts: 11 mod

@zephry Can you share the steps you followed to downgrade to Win11 21h2? It would be a great help for other users willing to try it.

• zephry

There’s one catch: You can only uninstall a major update within 10 days after installing it, so act fast if you think the update may have borked your system. After 10 days, Microsoft removes the old files to free up space on your hard drive, and you can no longer roll back.

To uninstall a Feature Update, head to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and scroll down to Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows 11. Click the Get Started button to start the uninstallation process.

If the button isn't clickable, it's possible your 10 days are already up, or you removed the old files with Disk Cleanup and it can no longer roll back. If you have a system backup, now would be the time to use it.

I guess if you have any backups saved in the system restore, you can also switch to one before the update. But I think you still have to reinstall Windows after you do the system restore.

There is also a way to tweak the registry to stop all automated updates once you get back to the version or if you are constantly having to stop the updates. Which I did. Here are a couple links for ways to do it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-or-block-windows-11-update/9f271456-51dd-4716-b69d-0834d552ca83