Building a multipoint mouse control?

I'm looking to build a multipoint mouse control, as in left click and drag on the left side to set a range start, left click and drag on the right side to set a range end and left click and drag in the middle to shift the whole range forward or backward.

I've never made one of these before and I was hoping you guys would have some suggestions on how to approach it.

I would imagine using px and py values to measure distance but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I'm going to store these coordinates in core and check against them in the future for snapshot usage.

Has anyone here ever made one before?

Thanks.

Answers

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 453 Advisor

Kind of did the same thing before without left click and drag using the xy module, moving the dot around. But had no luck with a mouse. What your describing would make nice module though. I used the y axis for the spread and the x axis for the center. It can be saved in a snapshot also and is easy to get use too. I suppose you could have an oscillator swinging the x axis the would widen when moving the y axis to show the spread. Set the fade time up to 95 or so to steady the line. That's all I can think of.