INstalling Reaktor 6 on second Pc

gentleclockdivider
gentleclockdivider Member Posts: 107 Helper

First some history lesson

I installed Reaktor 5 in 2011 on a laptop , laptop died and that was that

In 2016 I installed Reaktor 5 again on a new pc ( two installs are allowaed ) , I alo upgraded reaktor 5 to Reaktor 6 whci was installed on the new pc

SO two installations used of R5 and one of R6

A few weeks ago the pc refused to boot and I suspect (hope ) that it's a Power supply issue .

I now have a new laptop and want to install Reaktor 6 for the second time , I don't want to transfer licenses from the old Pc to the new laptop assumming I can still get the pc to work .

Can I just download and install reaktor 6 on the new laptop ?

I already INstalled native acces

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

My understanding of NI licence is that you may install it on two (or maybe even three) PCs. The only restriction is, that you sould not use it on more computers simultaneously. So, only those installations, that are usable count. Died PC does not count anymore...

In your case, it is usably installed on one PC (if you manage to repair it) or no computer (if you do not ), so no problem to install it on another one (or maybe two more - check the Licence).

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

R5 and R6 are two separate programs. IMHO you can instal each of them on twice machines.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

My understanding of NI licence is that you may install it on two (or maybe even three) PCs. The only restriction is, that you sould not use it on more computers simultaneously. So, only those installations, that are usable count. Died PC does not count anymore...

In your case, it is usably installed on one PC (if you manage to repair it) or no computer (if you do not ), so no problem to install it on another one (or maybe two more - check the Licence).

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

As @Kubrak said, you'll be fine.

• gentleclockdivider
    gentleclockdivider Member Posts: 107 Helper

O.K., So I can install it on the laptop and If I manage to repair the pc ,keep both installs

Only prerequisite is that I can only use one machine at a time that runs reakor .

Makes sense .

• Quietschboy
    Quietschboy Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited September 2022

I also have three installations in mind, but usage of only one at a time.

I myself have Reaktor installed on my studio PC, an old Laptop and on a new Laptop. No troubles so far.

And i used it simultaneously on two computers sometimes.