How to quickly change pitch/tempo range on Traktor Kontrol S3 without going into settings?

Stomplebot
Stomplebot Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello,

On my old Traktor T1 controller there was a button right above the tempo/pitch fader that switched between tempo ranges, like +-6 +-10 +-100 it would switch between these ranges by just pressing. The S3 seems to be missing this button, and I have always found it useful there. Sometimes I just need to adjust the speed a little bit to match with someone on other gear, or sometimes I want the tempo to crawl to a complete stop to switch genres etc. The only way I can see to change this setting without this button is to change the range in the Traktor back-end settings. Is there some kind of multi-button shortcut on the controller itself to do this quickly? I'm not too keen to have to go into the settings every time I would like to change the tempo range, didn't realize newer controllers wouldn't have this button.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    Answer ✓

You could add a few mapping assignments to the S3 mapping. For example:

Preferences --> Controller Manager --> Select S3 Mapping in the Device dropdown menu.

Add In... --> Modifier --> Modifier #1 --> Type [Button], Mode [Hold], Value [1], Override [No (uncheck)]; Assign this to the left SHIFT button. Duplicate this and assign the duplicate to the right SHIFT button. This creates a shift layer for your other mapped controls.

Add In... --> Deck Common --> Tempo Range Selector --> Type [Button], Mode [Direct], Value [your choice, for example 2%], Override [Yes (check)], Condition [M1 = 1], Assignment [Deck A]; Assign this to MixerFX buttons 1-4 each with your preferred value. Make duplicates of this set of assignments for decks B, C and D.

The result is that you can use the MixerFX buttons with any shift button to set the Tempo Range of all 4 decks to your preferred values without going into the preferences. 🦋

P.S. Don't bother with the LED feedback because mixing the overmapping LED feedback with the qml controlled LED feedback gets the LEDs confused.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    Answer ✓

You could add a few mapping assignments to the S3 mapping. For example:

Preferences --> Controller Manager --> Select S3 Mapping in the Device dropdown menu.

Add In... --> Modifier --> Modifier #1 --> Type [Button], Mode [Hold], Value [1], Override [No (uncheck)]; Assign this to the left SHIFT button. Duplicate this and assign the duplicate to the right SHIFT button. This creates a shift layer for your other mapped controls.

Add In... --> Deck Common --> Tempo Range Selector --> Type [Button], Mode [Direct], Value [your choice, for example 2%], Override [Yes (check)], Condition [M1 = 1], Assignment [Deck A]; Assign this to MixerFX buttons 1-4 each with your preferred value. Make duplicates of this set of assignments for decks B, C and D.

The result is that you can use the MixerFX buttons with any shift button to set the Tempo Range of all 4 decks to your preferred values without going into the preferences. 🦋

P.S. Don't bother with the LED feedback because mixing the overmapping LED feedback with the qml controlled LED feedback gets the LEDs confused.