Traktor Pro Subscriptions, really?

Options
2»

Comments

• _Theo_
    _Theo_ Member Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

This is what happens to most companies having investors.

They want the companies to change their model to be subscription based as they truly believe X thousands of brand loyal buyers for sure will turn into X thousands of subscribers. They look at licenses sold, multiplied by a monthly subscription and voila the company value has increased exponentially. It doesn't even matter if people have converted, by simply having this model your shares have gone up in value as its the potential that counts.

If onley one company did this it would be manageable for a user, but look around you. More or less EVERY SOFTWARE COMPANY (as they all have investors) are changing their model into being subscription based. Games, phone apps, music apps, video editing apps. It will be more or less impossible for users to continue using their beloved software's because they will simply get ruined or die trying.

I amongst others have probably put in a few thousand €/$ into Native-instruments to now see we are not getting any attention any more. Yes we will get important updates but when it comes to new features, forget it.

I think a quote might be appropriate here "All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain, time to die" (rephrased: "all our loyalty will be lost in time like tears in rain, time to let go")...

• Aaamn
    Aaamn Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I will refresh the topic. 

If I have the key and full version for the 2.11.3 program, is the upgrade to PRO 3 free ? 

btw. has the upgrade from pro 2 to pr 3 ever been free ??