Sample Modeling Trombone V3 - question about compatibility with latest Kontakt Full

Alfredo Huerta
Alfredo Huerta Member Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

I see that the Sample Modeling Trombone V3 is available but note that it is quite old. I like how it sounds and am interested in purchasing. There isn't much information online about it other than the SampleModeling website which may or may not be up to date. Before purchasing I would like to know if this V3 trombone plugin is compatible with the latest FULL Kontakt plugin and if it would run without any problems in Studio One 5 Pro?

Thanks for any info!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

Kontakt is always backwards compatible, it's #1 priority to keep it that way. You can still open Kontakt 1 libraries in latest Kontakt.

Answers

• Chet Singer
    Chet Singer Member Posts: 56 Advisor

I can't speak for full Kontakt, but I can verify that it runs in Kontakt 6 Player, 6.6.1 (r139). And it sounds fantastic. It's best with a breath controller, but a mod wheel and a velocity-sensitive keyboard will do.

• Alfredo Huerta
    Alfredo Huerta Member Posts: 2 Member

Great! Thanks for the answer. I don't have a breath controller. It wouldn't make any difference anyway since I don't play piano. I enter all my notes one by one using the mouse and then modifying and adding all the necessary parameters like automation, velocity, modulation, etc. I think I'll go ahead and purchase that trombone.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

Kontakt is always backwards compatible, it's #1 priority to keep it that way. You can still open Kontakt 1 libraries in latest Kontakt.