TIP: Making mid songs is not acceptable.

MARSKI
MARSKI Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Please read this if you care about your music career.

When starting a new track, it’s tempting to jump straight into layering sounds and effects.

So here is my tip: Take your time for the establishment of the first layers!!!

You should recognize its importance, as it will be the deciding factor if it's a hitter or not. This initial step sets the tone and direction for your entire track, and why waste time if the first version is mid already? — Just try again tomorrow. You don't want another project folder on your computer, right?

Usually a sort of chord progression with (out) a melody If it’s a guitar riff, ensure it has the right feel and tone. If it’s a drum pattern, make it groove just right. This melody layer or whatever first layer you make, will set the tone for the rest.

Also, a strong initial track helps avoid overproduction. If you start with a well-thought-out idea, you won’t have the need to revisit the same mixing or production problems often. This approach keeps your production clean and simple, and as we all know - Simplicity is key. Yes, we've heard this statement a lot but i still catch myself overproducing sometimes.

So, next time you begin a new project, remember, wasting time on mid projects isnt worth the dopamine you get for the first couple of days. Nailing it early on makes the entire production process smoother and more inspired. Start strong, and let your creativity flow naturally from there.

With that, I hope I can make those strong first layers with Kontakt 15 sometime :). I make YouTube video's on production too, so check me out if you want.https://www.youtube.com/@marcinpietrowski

Tagged:

Comments