Customizing keyzone lights on Kontrol S series MK3 Controllers

Creatureye
Creatureye Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Have a non Native instruments VI or instrument you are using and want to customize the key zones LEDs to that instrument on your S series MK3? Easy. Just follow these steps.

-Open your DAW and load your VI of choice.

-Hold shift and click browser on your Kontrol S series MK3 instrument to open the custom midi templates page.

-From here you create a new midi profile for that instrument by clicking "New"

-Name your MIDI profile to whatever you are using or want (For example Im setting up a template for "Originals Epic Brass" Instrument) then click save.

- You can customize all your CCs here for your VI, but for now, we are going to skip this and set up the lightbar key zones.

-Once the profile is saved click Edit and click the page button over to Key zones.

-From here you can customize the lightbar to your Instrument and VI of choice, adding different zones for key switches and range.

-To do this you click add to add as many key zones you need. For my setup Im going to add 2 additional key zones making a total of 3 in my template. I will select my center key zone by using the encoder knob and extended it to match the VI's playable keys by turning the Low key and High key knobs.

-Choose a color for your key zones by turning the color knob, You can customize this to your liking.

-Then go to your keyzones on both left and ride side of the center key zone and turn the assign knob and set the Type to "Off" so that only the playable keys in the center zone are highlighted.

-If you have key switches you would like to customize the lightbar to, you can add keyzones for the keyswitches by using the same methods as above.

Select "Done" and you have customized and saved the light bar to your Instrument or VI of choice!