Tonal Balance Control is a Priceless Mixing Tool

GeekDog
GeekDog Member Posts: 4 Member

Mixing tracks is way easier after I found Tonal Balance Control.

I used to spend 20+ hours on the final mix, comparing my master mix to reference songs step by step, all by ear. The process was made even more difficult because I lack access to high-end audio equipment, so getting a perfect sub-bass level was often the result of switching between 3 different types of headphones, and several different speakers and audio systems. Then going back into my mix, rendering a new copy, and testing again. Uhh…. Miserable.

Anyways, adding Tonal Balance Control easily cut 15 hours off of my time spent mixing. I can now add 3-4 reference songs in my DAW and put Tonal Balance Control right at the end of the master mix. Then pop it open and watch the levels while I play back the reference tracks, taking note of where the reference tracks hit in each range. Then I play my own track back and immediately notice what area of my track is too strong, too soft, or just right… and can make real-time adjustments based on the comparisons.

If you're not using this amazing tool on every track you should be.

Tagged:

Comments

• Fade2Green
    Fade2Green Member Posts: 4 Member

Yes it is an amazing helpful tool. I missed it for the past several weeks. Worked for me for years, but now it has no output volume and no graphs. Tried it with the installer from Native Access and the izotope downloader. Even tried it on another DAW. Same problem. I sent a ticket to the Izotope customer service, so hopefully It gets fixed.