Kontakt 6 crashes on Win 11 as standalone

arbogast
arbogast Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi. Kontakt crashes with the error message "Kontakt has encountered a major problem and has been terminated.I've been reading every post I could here , but haven't managed to find a working solution. I've tried this as well, of course. Havent installed any libraries, effects or instruments, only kontakt.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004169849-Kontakt-CrashesAlso, the kontakt.dll is not recognised by Reaper, opposed to other plugins in the same folder.

The error message states that I should contact technical support, but I find no link to support, only a (quite useless) chatbot

I'd be grateful if somebody could help.

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,844 Expert
    edited August 24

Unfortunately - Kontakt 6 is now retired. That said - there are many folks still using it on Win 11

As far as Reaper goes - you may need to check with their developers on that one.

Not a lot to go on here without a screencap - posting the crash logs is not something we forum user can access.

VP

• arbogast
    arbogast Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

OK. Thank You for replying. Appreciated!! I'll consider upgrading kontakt, though I'm i little worried as there are quite a few similar crash reports reg. kontakt 7