Traktor Pro 4, Stem e Crash PC

Ale2964
Ale2964 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi all, when I create a stem, the pc freezes and I have to reboot. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 311 Pro

How much RAM do you have?

What kind of PC and what operating system?

• Ale2964

Ram 32 Gb

i9 13900 KS

Win 11

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

Do you know that 13th and 14th gen. K and KS (and few others) may be unstable and make computer crash?

I do not say, it is your case, but there is pretty high percentage of users who do have problems.

• Ale2964

I heard yes

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 311 Pro
    edited August 4

Can other CPU-intensive programs or benchmarks also make the computer unstable?

Have you installed the latest BIOS?

(Another BIOS update is expected in the next few weeks)

Unfortunately, many people now have to guess, because instead of a recall campaign, they decided to go for the cheaper version and simply extended the warranty a little to prevent lawsuits.

There have been a few reports here in the last few weeks that the stem creation process has a memory leak for many songs, but the fact that the PC crashes with a single file and 32GB of RAM is unusual.

How much RAM is being used while you are creating a file?

• Ale2964

CPU intensive programs or benchmark run fine

Latest Bios

RAM 10 Gb

I see that the PC freezes while creating stems without any particular effort on the PC's part

• DJ-Andre
    DJ-Andre Member Posts: 114 Advisor

The crashes happen because the CPU requests a higher voltage than required. That makes the CPU run out of the defined specs and can damage the CPU. It might be your CPU is already damaged. Intel recently announced that the warranty for affected CPU's will be extended to 5 years. If you have any doubt, I would recommend you to wait for the new BIOS update to arrive and return the CPU for replacement.

It is mandatory to wait for a new BIOS to arrive before swapping the CPU. Otherwise the new CPU can also be damaged.

• Ale2964

I saw that it is a bios update

This discussion has been closed.