Why can't I generate stems from my own music files on traktor pro 4?

Linkovage
Linkovage Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 30 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I have followed all tutorials but cannot create stems on my own music files (from iTunes). I get a red error message every time I try:

Stem version could not be created for:/OSX/Users/matt/itunes/itunesmedia/music/complications/tracktitle

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Answers

• DJ Dart
    DJ Dart Member Posts: 21 Member

Have you loaded the original file into a track deck at least once before trying to generate stems? So far, that's the only situation I ran into causing this problem.

• DJ-Andre
    DJ-Andre Member Posts: 112 Advisor

Can you share some information about your system (e.g. OS version, system RAM and CPU specs)?

• akdonovan
    akdonovan Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I'm having the same issue, but loading into a deck isn't working.

Have also tried reanalyzing, and that hasn't helped either. Also tried checking file names, and removing any characters underscores, etc, and that hasn't worked either.

Seems to be affecting about 30% of my tracks

Mac M1, 16G ram, OS 14.5

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 512 Guru
    edited August 14

Just to be sure. your tracks are in a playlist from your track collection in traktor?

(I assume that this has already been done correctly, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to generate and you describe having done everything according to the instructions)

what file format are these songs and could you maybe upload one of them so we can try it out?

• Martiniix_NI
    Martiniix_NI Customer Care Posts: 299 mod

Any update? @Linkovage

This discussion has been closed.