S88 Mk3 keeps losing the midi connection to Komplete Kontrol & Kontakt 7 in Cubase 13 Pro+Logic Pro

DaFlex
DaFlex Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hi!

My S88 Mk3 keeps losing connection to KK and K7 within Cubase 13 Pro & Logic Pro.
Everything is ok in standalone.

Latest FW installed.
I'm working on a Mac Studio M2 Ultra, currently with Ventura (13.7.6) - but I also tested it on Sonoma (14.5) and had the same problems there.

(These problems did not exist when i was working on my Win11 DAW PC)

Often, but not always, I also read an error message “CoreMidi” problem.

I can create multiple instances of K & K7 in Cubase and also have access to them from the S88 Mk3, but it's only a matter of time / more instances of instruments added - until it loses the MIDI connection same in Logic Pro.

Connected directly to the Mac or with a hub (Sonnettech Echo 2o) - no difference.

Unfortunately, resetting the "Remote Midi" settings in Cubase at Kontakt doesn't do anything, even after a restart.

Unfortunately, the fix recommended by NI with the “Native Instruments MIDI Device Scripts.zip” doesn’t help either.

Are there any current findings / workarounds / fixes / or general tips on the matter?

..it's really very annoying, sorry Native Instruments. Hope to get this fixed soon.

I'm grateful for every tip!

Best regards
Felix

Comments

• DaFlex
    DaFlex Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

It turned out today that it was due to Midi 2.0, which must have somehow recently changed back to 2.0 during the firmware update.

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 312 Advisor
    edited July 21

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the update.

I’m in the process of replacing my aging Windows 10 desktop that has my S88 mk3 attached to it, with my recently acquired MacBook pro M1 pro (Sonoma)

If it happens to me (I use Studio one) I know what to do.

This discussion has been closed.