Can't hear Choir Omnia

Sonderyugen
Sonderyugen Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Every other VST in Komplete 14 Ultimate Kollector's Edition works fine, and Choir Omnia worked fine until I had to reinstall my computer. Now when I play Choir Omnia, there's a very very tiny sliver of a hint of audio, that's so quiet I can't hear it unless I stack utility audio modules at max volume in Ableton Live. This is specific only to Choir Omnia, everything else is at a reasonable volume. Tech support is proving to not understand my issue and I've had this problem for over two weeks now. I need answers - I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Choir Omnia, but it's the same issue. No, it's not a mod wheel issue, I've analyzed every part of the instrument and I know how it works. It's just dead quiet, whereas every other instrument is playing at a normal volume. It's the same whether it's through komplete kontrol VST or komplete kontrol standalone.

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod
    edited July 21

Hello,

as far as I know that is normal for that instrument, some presets peak at only minus 18 dB some at minus 12dB. I don't know why they don't have normalized the samples but I guess there is a reason for that. But it's good practice to not go over -12 dB or something like that in your DAWs single channels, please google "gain staging DAW".

• Sonderyugen

This isn't an issue of it being quiet, it's an issue of it being completely silent. The instrument is inherently broken. If I use two utility plugins to artificially gain the volume to anything that isn't completely silent, it cuts rapidly as though the CPU is overloaded, but it's not, it's at 15%. I guarantee there's something extremely wrong with Choir Omnia specifically. I've reinstalled it a second time, and it's the same issue. I am very familiar with gain staging, this is not that. This is specifically the instrument being normal volume when I go to preview a preset, and then when I load it, there's NO SOUND.

• Sonderyugen

Nevermind, I can't explain why but it works now.

This discussion has been closed.