• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
    edited April 2023
    Options

Don't have that one but thanks for your contributions to this community

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 107 Helper
    Options

It probably has to do with what rom they made the skin for, but I do not know.

• Kymeia
    Options

I thought so at first but I found one that is explicitly for the Virus C but it doesn't have them either. Maybe not implemented yet?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,358 mod
    Options

Honestly? I have no idea (yet!). It is very-very new to me and, so far i just messing around on Cubase and Maschine as a simple insert fx and playing with the presets and tweak them... 😉

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yes it probably can but I can’t see how in KK as it has no ability to support audio channels or side chaining. The only way I am able to use it is to setup the routing in Freestyle - you don’t need side chain for that as routing is free

• jggorman
    Options

I really wish Komplete Kontrol could have multiple instruments.

• Kymeia
    Options

Yes absolutely! And save multis/chains

• jggorman
    Options

So I've been using Komplete Kontrol without ever contemplating that it doesn't have audio input capability? Isn't there a plugin that at least will let you have an audio input?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,358 mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

It should be possible if you use software such as:

Blue Cat Audio PatchWork

or

Kushview Element (which is free btw)

I only have Maschine, not KK, but i'm pretty sure that there is a way!

For example, you can load just the Blue Cat plugin in your KK and then, you can load a ton of different stuff inside Blue Cat. You can control them by assign different MIDI channel on each plugin, or you could have 8 different synths controlled and played as one, while each KK knob is assigned to a different parameter. I think the possibilities are endless....

• jakx92
    jakx92 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

In regards to using KK on audio tracks, I've had this issue forever. For me, KK is the most intuitive way to use EQ and compression and things like that, but I can never use it that way on vocals and ssuch. Now that I have Maschine though, I might be able to finagle it.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Options

Albion Colossus - VST3

Spitfire Auio's NKS Compatability update was a bit basic, and based on VST2. With the recent Grid and eDNA update, they didn't bother to update the patches for Maschine/KK, so they're now added as presets, with previews.

I've also updated the control pages for Standard, Synth and Traditional modes, as they were almost non-existant. Tagging was poor, so updated also.

This one is a little different in terms of install:

1. Go to your installed directory for Albion Colossus.
    2. Make a backup of the NKS folder.
    3. Replace it with the linked NKS folder for download below.
    4. When restarting Maschine/KK - Go to preferences, library, then rescan Colossus.

Download

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options
  • Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 87 Advisor
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Options
  • Steven Kaufman
    Steven Kaufman Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Kymeia,

Interesting. Your recoil presets on my PC (I'm on win 10, if you recall) don't change the name of the effect on the screen GUI that is picked on your presets list. But they do, however, change the settings to the proper name. In other words, if I change the presets, the GUI name stays the same , but the settings change.

To test it, I then manually changed the settings name on the screen GUI and they didn't move. I hope that was an understandable example of how i tested that they changed to your preset. They just don't show a name change on the GUI.

Mappings all work fine.

Curious one of those windows weirdness's, i guess

Although I don't usually use effects in KK, if the plugin comes in both vst and AAX format, I'll load it just for grins, I guess. never know.

Thank you.

Steven