M2 Mac cannot find Reaktor VST2

samuel
samuel Member Posts: 18 Member
edited October 22 in Komplete General

Hi

I moved from my i5 Macbook to an M2 MBA and now when I open some Ableton sets, I get errors saying that Reaktor VST2 cannot be found. Is there a way to restore this? I also see that all my plugins are available as Audio Units but not as VSTs. I have always used the VST version.

Can I simply load the AU version instead of the VST version? Will Reaktor patches work without a problem (I use lots of Reaktor patches so that is the most important for me for now).

Comments

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 566 Guru

If you eant to use VST on Apple Silicon you have to use VST3 plugins. Of course you can also use the AU version; but as I understand it you have to manually replace the VST2 in any single track and have to reapply all necessary settings.

There is no automated upgrade path.

• samuel
    samuel Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 8

ok, Audio Units it is. Luckily I did not wipe my old laptop yet.

I seem to have a slight problem: some of the patches I use have no name in the GUI and I don't recognise them. How can I find teh name of the loaded patch (when loaded in a VST)?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

Back to original question. I am not on Mac, but I have the feeling that you could use VST2 even on AS, but you would have to use Rosetta. IMHO all NI VST2 plugins are only x86.

This discussion has been closed.