Instruments not showing in DAW, or showing as Demo

Davis
Davis Member Posts: 14 Member
edited October 22 in Native Access

Hi,

Running NA 3.11.1 on Mac Pro M1 Sonoma 14.1.2 and Logic 11

My instruments are all saying installed on NA, but when I get into my DAW, a lot of them are missing, or are not loading, or are showing in DEMO mode. Instruments that worked previously, do not work now.

Here are two common Installation path example

Here are the installation paths in the settings

T7 is an eternal drive. 

Are things not in a correct place? Or am I messing up with the path routing?

I sent Native Instruments an email with a computer scan, where they noticed I was running a Mac Cleaning app, which apparently can cause some issues like this. I then deleted it (bit defender) off my computer.

Would love some help with this.

Some context: I had recently moved all the Native Instruments files from an old computer onto a hard drive, which I accessed from the new laptop. I then moved those files onto the computer, and shifted their locations around. Most instruments were working fine until I moved them around to create space on the CPU. Now I'm having this issue.

I did do migration assistant to the new computer, but since then, I have redownloaded everything and followed the steps on the NI provided articles. I'm very confused and would love some help! Thank you!

Best Answers

• Mert_NI
    Mert_NI Customer Care Posts: 501 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello Davis, first issue looks like the Native Access issue to me which can be solved by this workaround:

Delete the Native Access.xml in the following location and restart your computer and open NA

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

Repeat until the missing products reappear/the products in demo recognise their activation again

This can help you to recover your products, if the issue persists,

Alternatively please, downgrade to NA 3.8.1 and this can help, here are the direct download links for that:

NA 3.8.1
    WIN:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSLWL7pFqA8t-3_H93uO1DDdIi0nMixV/view?usp=drive_link

MAC INTEL:https://drive.google.com/file/d/14DmjR8-f7KAV6WxCu_rm-WxX2jxhk1fJ/view?usp=drive_link

Mac AMR (M1/M2/M3): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wLSCJwzMFgXZgDJlnO6Ilc-GjVB1E4XK/view?usp=drive_link

According to the second input, have you tried checking this Knowledge Base Article below:

How to Change the Install Locations in Native Access

Please let me know☺️

• Mert_NI
    Answer ✓

Hello again Davis, sorry for continuing issue.

The new Native Access update can solve this issue.

Can you please download the latest Native Access version using this link: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

Please let me know about the results afterwards☺️

• Mert_NI
    Answer ✓

Hello again Davis,

According to Super8, please keep in mind, that it is not in standalone version anymore, but Reaktor Instrument. So in case you would like to make use of your Super 8, please use Reaktor and you will find your Super 8 in it. Here is the download link of Reaktor 6 Player in case you may need it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16YuAyWOjq5Stdf70Gf2lY1yG8d1xii1R/view?usp=drive_link

According to the Komplete Select message, you may need to download the Rosetta to be able to use it. Which Komplete Select are you using? Here is the Knowledge Base Article that you can check the compatibility of your product for your operating system: Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

According to the issue with the Massive Library, I have asked this to our team and I will let you know about this as soon as possible☺️

• Mert_NI
    Answer ✓

Hello Davis, if it is still appearing in demo, deleting the xml file can help

If you have made sure you are logged in with the correct email address, please go to the following directories listed below that pertains to your operating system:

For Mac:
    Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

For Windows:

Then delete the following .xml files:
    Native Access.xml
    NAME OF PRODUCT IN DEMO MODE.xml

Should that not help either, please go to the following article and thoroughly go through all the steps to make sure you get the desired result:

Native Access Error Message: "Activation failed...Internal error during activation"

Restart your computer and Native Access afterwards.

According to your Komplete Bundle, as this is a bundle, it will not appear like Komplete 13/Select itself in your Native Access and the individual products installations will appear in your Native Access instead. So please download the ones that you would like to use so you can start using them after the installation as you wish.

I hope this helps☺️

Answers

• Mert_NI
    Answer ✓

Hello Davis, first issue looks like the Native Access issue to me which can be solved by this workaround:

Delete the Native Access.xml in the following location and restart your computer and open NA

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

Repeat until the missing products reappear/the products in demo recognise their activation again

This can help you to recover your products, if the issue persists,

Alternatively please, downgrade to NA 3.8.1 and this can help, here are the direct download links for that:

NA 3.8.1
    WIN:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSLWL7pFqA8t-3_H93uO1DDdIi0nMixV/view?usp=drive_link

MAC INTEL:https://drive.google.com/file/d/14DmjR8-f7KAV6WxCu_rm-WxX2jxhk1fJ/view?usp=drive_link

Mac AMR (M1/M2/M3): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wLSCJwzMFgXZgDJlnO6Ilc-GjVB1E4XK/view?usp=drive_link

According to the second input, have you tried checking this Knowledge Base Article below:

How to Change the Install Locations in Native Access

Please let me know☺️

• Davis

hi, thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I tried this and it didn't work a couple times. I', just at a loss. Ive been in contact with the customer service for like 3 weeks and they haven't been able to help me figure it out.

Different instruments like Reaktor and FM8 and super8, etc are still not activated, but I've activated the serials in my account.

And Massive X isn't showing up, and im sure quite a few others aren't either

• Mert_NI
    Answer ✓

Hello again Davis, sorry for continuing issue.

The new Native Access update can solve this issue.

Can you please download the latest Native Access version using this link: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

Please let me know about the results afterwards☺️

• Davis

Thanks for getting back to me Meet

Unfortunatuely the new update didn't fix those issues. they are still present. Massive X not showing up, and a few of the application instruments still not out of demo dungeon. When I open Logic, it says that the Komplete Select is not compatible with my system. Maybe that is contributing? Bought it before I upgraded to the M1/2.

Although I don't think that is the issue, because I have other instruments that do not come on the Komplete Select, like the Super 8, which is still having issues.

Thank you!

Davis

• Mert_NI
    Answer ✓

Hello again Davis,

According to Super8, please keep in mind, that it is not in standalone version anymore, but Reaktor Instrument. So in case you would like to make use of your Super 8, please use Reaktor and you will find your Super 8 in it. Here is the download link of Reaktor 6 Player in case you may need it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16YuAyWOjq5Stdf70Gf2lY1yG8d1xii1R/view?usp=drive_link

According to the Komplete Select message, you may need to download the Rosetta to be able to use it. Which Komplete Select are you using? Here is the Knowledge Base Article that you can check the compatibility of your product for your operating system: Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

According to the issue with the Massive Library, I have asked this to our team and I will let you know about this as soon as possible☺️

• Davis
    edited July 12

Oh Ok that makes sense. I already have Reaktor installed on my system , it pops up in DAW when I select it. It is still just in Demo mode.

Im not sure how to follow that second link you attached - it is not showing komplete select anywhere for any software type. It's showing komplete Kontrol and installers - is that what I looking for? I know I bought komplete 13 ultimate.

Is there a way I could reset this entire process and re-download everything? I've been trying to get this figured out for literally weeks with no success.

Thank you

• Mert_NI
    Answer ✓

Hello Davis, if it is still appearing in demo, deleting the xml file can help

If you have made sure you are logged in with the correct email address, please go to the following directories listed below that pertains to your operating system:

For Mac:
    Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

For Windows:

Then delete the following .xml files:
    Native Access.xml
    NAME OF PRODUCT IN DEMO MODE.xml

Should that not help either, please go to the following article and thoroughly go through all the steps to make sure you get the desired result:

Native Access Error Message: "Activation failed...Internal error during activation"

Restart your computer and Native Access afterwards.

According to your Komplete Bundle, as this is a bundle, it will not appear like Komplete 13/Select itself in your Native Access and the individual products installations will appear in your Native Access instead. So please download the ones that you would like to use so you can start using them after the installation as you wish.

I hope this helps☺️

• Davis
    edited July 18

Hi Mert! Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate the continued support on this issue.

I followed the instructions you provided, deleting the xml files, downloading rosetta, and the prompts on the 'activation failed' link multiple times. Unfortunately these did not work, and my Reaktor is still in demo mode, along with the other products in it. Massive X is also still not available. I re-downloaded everything and it is still not able to recognize I have the full versions.

For some products, like the VC 2A for example, they are able to be activated when I open them by clicking activate. It pops open NA, and the plugin is then usable. However, for Reaktor, when I click activate, it opens NA, and nothing happens after that. Hmm.

Is there anything else I can try?

Is there a way to restart the entire process from scratch, as if I had never downloaded them in the first place? Would that maybe work? Thanks

This pops up, then it opens NA (which is already open,) and then doesn't do anything after that.

• Mert_NI

Hello Davis, sorry for continued issue

I created a support ticket for you and forwarded this ticket to our technical team so they can get back to you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps☺️

This discussion has been closed.