Using FX unit mode selector not working properly.

amity25
amity25 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi Team, I am trying to use the fx mode selector to toggle from group fx to single fx with preloaded effects on my fx channel 1. I have to toggle twice on the key to get it to work right. I want it to work at the single press of a key.
Keys used: -
I am using the F1 key for group fx, the ESC key for the single fx, and f4 for the fx unit mode selector. Want to use reverb for single fx and bounce + transpose + reverb for the group fx
The problem I am facing is when I press the F4 key to switch between group and single fx it loads the bounce for single fx and then after pressing the ESC key again, it shifts to the reverb. I want it to load the reverb first, not the bounce. It seems it picks the first effect i:e bounce from the group fx. Also for group fx, I have to press the f1 key two times to turn on the bounce effect. It turns on the transpose + reverb but not the bounce.
I am sorry for bad English. I will attach images as I tried uploading a video but it was not allowed. please share an email id to upload the video for more clarity.

Best Answer

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 326 Pro
    Answer ✓

Sounds like there are commands conflicting. Your mapping may trigger the fx selection before the fx unit is set to whether single or group. Mind, in order to set your fx right, there are 3 steps: First the single or group unit has to be loaded, then the desired FX (bouncer/reverb), and, after this, your favourite fx settings (D/W + 3 knobs) .

With pressing a key/button you can only trigger two steps: one action on press (uncheck "invert") and a second action on release ("invert" activated). One step is missing. This is the reason why you have to press the key twice.

The use of dedicated fx units for single and for grouped fx could solve this problem. For example, FX unit 1 only single fx and FX unit 2 only for grouped FX. You would save the step for selecting the kind of fx unit.

By the way, this is just a user forum, not a NI team forum. 😉

(Hope you understand my bad English.)

Answers

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 326 Pro
    Answer ✓

Sounds like there are commands conflicting. Your mapping may trigger the fx selection before the fx unit is set to whether single or group. Mind, in order to set your fx right, there are 3 steps: First the single or group unit has to be loaded, then the desired FX (bouncer/reverb), and, after this, your favourite fx settings (D/W + 3 knobs) .

With pressing a key/button you can only trigger two steps: one action on press (uncheck "invert") and a second action on release ("invert" activated). One step is missing. This is the reason why you have to press the key twice.

The use of dedicated fx units for single and for grouped fx could solve this problem. For example, FX unit 1 only single fx and FX unit 2 only for grouped FX. You would save the step for selecting the kind of fx unit.

By the way, this is just a user forum, not a NI team forum. 😉

(Hope you understand my bad English.)

This discussion has been closed.