Kontakt 7 Pro Tools

Options
Rick Worrall
Rick Worrall Member Posts: 4 Member

HI….I have seen a few posts of this problem with no real solution. I have the full version of Kontakt 7. I see it in Native Access and I am able to mount it in stand alone. In Pro tools (studio latest version) I am only able open the Kontakt Player. I have done the "add serial number" I've deleted the two files from Library (Mac Monterey). I have reinstalled Kontakt 7. Followed other suggested steps, but still can't get the full version of Kontakt to load in Pro Tools. I was able to get it to load into GarageBand. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,351 mod
    Options

Hello,

maybe you had once rosetta mode enabled and now kontakt is natively supported so you have to disable it? I'm not a mac user myself so maybe it's wrong. Have you also checked the plugin folders. Garage band uses au and pro tolls aax as far as I know.

• Rick Worrall
    Options

Thanks rosetta not enabled….actually there is no rosetta setting, so I don't even think it's installed. Thanks though.

• Rick Worrall
    Options

I finally figured it out for anyone else who has the same problem. The Kontakt 7 aax plugin was in the Avid audio plug in folder but still wasn't being seen in Pro Tools when trying to add it to a track. I had to delete the aax file in the plug in folder… path…/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins. Close Pro Tools, open Native Access, reinstall Kontakt 7. After I did that, opened Pro Tools and was able to see and add the plugin to a track. Geez….that's all it took.