Oh Kontakt, you're such a tease....Is Kontakt backwards compatible?

Mustang Martigan
Mustang Martigan Member Posts: 0 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

There aren't many times that I'm looking for a VI, but on these rare occasions, it is NOT uncommon to suddenly hear a sort of victory cheer from my bedroom. I finally found what I was looking for, or atleast close enough....

It usually takes about a minute (like a real 60 second one) for a second, and radically different sort of exclamation to come a rippin...Motherlucker! The dang software's needing the Full version of Kontakt 5 or 6.

But here's the REAL QUESTION...!

Is Kontakt backwards compatible, e.g. will a VI that requires a certain version of Kontakt 5 work with Kontakt 6? I'm assuming that the answer is yes, as all new copies of Kontakt 5 seem to have been replaced with Kontakt 6.

I actually bought a Kontakt library the other day cuz the sale was so awesome, $9. It's called Sinatra Trap, or something like that. I've always wanted Samples from Sinatra stuff. Hell, according to Geezer, Tony Iommi was known to cop Sinatra's horn section on occasion. Just think about some of their riffs...alot of em would translate perfectly to trumpet, or back to trumpet.. whatever.

I'm almost done, just one more thing; I promise!

Despite the current large discount being offered on Kontakt 6, is there anywhere I can find a used version of for even cheaper than the $199 sale price? Like WAY cheaper? I'm guessing a license transfer of 5 would be the cheapest option, as it's old and will be the next version that NI stops supporting.

If anyone actually made it this far, thanks. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thank ya'll.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

Kontakt has always been, and always will be, backwards compatible. You can load 20 years old sample library in the latest version of Kontakt.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

Kontakt has always been, and always will be, backwards compatible. You can load 20 years old sample library in the latest version of Kontakt.