Update on the authentication (login) incident on Sunday May, 26th

Bernd_NI
Bernd_NI Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Native Access

Hi everyone,

This is Bernd from NI. First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for the ±5 hours of login interruption.

We experienced a major incident with our authentication services, causing a majority of users to be unable to log in to both our website and Native Access. We've implemented a hotfix that has restored functionality for most users on the website and the latest versions of Native Access 2.

Unfortunately, earlier versions of Native Access 2 and Maschine+ are still experiencing service interruptions. Our on-call team is actively working on resolving this issue, but we anticipate that a complete fix may not be available until Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, please update to the latest version of Native Access 2 to ensure continued access.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I will keep you updated here.

Best regards,
Bernd

Comments

• Bernd_NI
    Bernd_NI Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi again,

We have now also resolved the issue for the older versions of Native Access and Maschine+ and consider the incident resolved. We continue monitoring overnight, but are positive that no issues will occur anymore. If you continue to have issues, please try to refresh the potential caches of your browser or follow up on this thread. Again, our apologies for the incident.

Best regards and thank you for your understanding,
    Bernd

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 294 Pro

First of all, I really do understand that these things can happen. Although I also think IT services at NI are a bit too prone to instabilities lately.

So please tell me that you’re already considering a (re)design in which your downtime or other interruptions of services don’t interfere with your customer’s music production.

Besides that, the way Native Access has become mandatory for us users to install and maintain all of your products and requiring system-wide access also make us prone to all kind of security vulnerabilities.

So yes, in my case apologies excepted. But these kind of incidents do trigger my dissatisfaction with NI’s unclear directions and secret roadmap.

This discussion has been closed.