Kontalt 7, modulation control change

Options
fred07
fred07 Member Posts: 10 Member
edited April 29 in Kontakt
My question concerns Control Change. In the kontakt manual we can read that we can add modulation.
 The problem is that when you open the drop-down menu, there are only 4 control changes offered 
 (frequency, intensity, intensity (add), start phase).
 my question is: how can we use other Control changes in Kontakt?
Thanks for your help. Does there have a tutorial?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 296 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

It would be easier to read your posts if you use normal text instead of "code".

This is pretty basic stuff. You need to bone up on the MIDI protocol, which is how music hardware and music programmes communicate with each other. The data (note numbers, control values etc) transmitted by MIDI are 7-bit (0 - 127). To learn how to specify and adjust how you want these 128 values to be used by Kontakt, you'll need to read the manual.

So the answer to your last question is, Evidently!

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    Options

my question is: how can we use other Control changes in Kontakt?

What control changes ?

Did you check the manual more thoroughly also ? e.g. page 244 : Assignment Controls (from Chapter 28 Modulation in KONTAKT) :
    As mentioned, all controls which affect the behavior of a modulation source can be found on the respective source panel at the bottom of the Rack. There are additional parameters, though, that affect in which way this source module’s output signal will be mapped to the parameter to which it has been assigned. Since a source can be used to modulate multiple parameters in different ways, it wouldn’t make much sense to include these controls on the panel of the source; instead, they’re a part of each assignment entry in the Modulation Router table.

Kontakt 7 manual Pages 187 forward (Modulation) and 210 and forward (Internal Modulation) , page 241 and forward (Chapter 28 Modulation in KONTAKT) , page 252 and forward (Other Modulator)

Else then if you want 'tutorials' then click here and take your pick !

• fred07
    fred07 Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried several CCs in this configuration. I use Kontakt in Ableton Live.
     But, I drive Kontakt with CCs sent by a Max for Live device.I have the impression that this device works but!
     I'm not absolutely sure what I'm saying because I can't verify.
     The problem is: I'm using a Max for Live object that is set to send values ​​between "0" and "127".
     These values ​​are sent to Kontakt instrument settings. For example phase, cutoff, resonance.The phase parameter is calibrated from "0" to "360" for example.
    The cutoof parameter is calibrated from 26.0 Hz to 19.9 KHz.
     This is what I don't understand. Why Kontakt, apparently, reacts, follows the values ​​sent by the Max for Live object, while the CC evolves between "0" and "127".
    Is there an algorithm in Kontakt that transcodes the values ​​so that the reso parameter, for example, follows CC fluctuations(between "0" and "127" on the one hand, and 0% to 100% on the other hand)??.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    Options

Sorry , this is so way beyond your initial question that I have no idea about it. I don't even know if it in the end is a N.I. question or if it is a Max for Live question. But perhaps it is a Max for live question ?

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 296 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

It would be easier to read your posts if you use normal text instead of "code".

This is pretty basic stuff. You need to bone up on the MIDI protocol, which is how music hardware and music programmes communicate with each other. The data (note numbers, control values etc) transmitted by MIDI are 7-bit (0 - 127). To learn how to specify and adjust how you want these 128 values to be used by Kontakt, you'll need to read the manual.

So the answer to your last question is, Evidently!