Really no discount on MK3 keyboards?

Options
RichR
RichR Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi,

Is there really no discount for an MK3 keyboard after forcing us to upgrade to them? I have the whole Komplete 14 Collector's Edition and I still have to pay full price for it.

Comments

• komthusr
    komthusr Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Wait for the summer of sound discounts.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

they never do discounts on hardware, who forced you to update anything?

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 267 Pro
    Options

nobody is forced to buy anything…. when a new car comes out you are not forced to buy it…your old one works just fine….the mk2 keyboards still work well… i have a 61mk2 still using with windows 10, zero issues

• RichR
    Options

Please let me know how you've managed to update to Komplete Kontrol 3.x and keep the features of your MK2 working with no issues?

• RichR
    Options

They are forcing me to upgrade because they've decided to drop support for my MK1.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

Yeah, i'm guessing you are on macOS which I would say is more what is causing you this issue with its inability to work with anything that gets a little old. On Windows for instance, there is no issue (nor will there likely ever be an issue) with the MK1 or V2 of the software working. There should be no real issue for you currently either, but you just cannot update your OS down the track. macOS has always been designed to offer top performance at the cost of having to invest constantly in everything you use to keep it current.

I'm not defending NI but you have to accept as a mac user at some stage no matter what you use, things will reach EOL and not work (even your macbook itself will eventually refuse to update and then also, not work with any new hardware or software forcing you to replace it too) and the MK1 is 10+ years old now so you kind of need to expect it will happen at some stage and of course, NI is not here for making our lives easier through supporting everything forever, they are here to make money and you dont make money by supporting old products forever. Just the sad facts of how the world works.