Why does Komplete Kontrol have to spend minutes scanning my VST3 folder before opening?

Options
2»

Answers

• Syngularity
    Syngularity Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Scan takes eternal on windows. Thanks for the ESC hint. Will try occasionally. - Thing is, that I open standalone after every plugin installation. It's just not logical to scan all the others again and again and again. John Lehmkuhl's Unify (with all the features still missed in Komplete Kontrol) and also several DAW's are super smooth.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,642 Expert
    Options

The thing is it is not suppose to take ages and usually doesn't for most people.

I have about 800 plugins at a guess, including both VST2/3 versions of plugins and other than the mentioned ones it stalls on for me and sometimes things like Guitar Rig it will take a few seconds to get past (which I have never even opened), I still see KK and Maschine open within about 20 seconds. On my other system where I don't have Roland Cloud installed it opens in about half that time.

If I force KK to do the full plugin scan, that will usually take over an hour to work through.

This is on Windows 11 using Komplete Kontrol 2.9

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

@JesterMgee Just curious...what Roland keyboard do you have? I have a Fantom 6 (the one that came out during Covid).

• JesterMgee
    Options

I don’t have a Roland keyboard, was talking about the Roland cloud plugins.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

Aaah, yes. I have a couple of those too. More stuff to dig into!

• Syngularity
    Syngularity Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

If you would start Komplete Kontrol 3.2.1, you would have a similar behaviour ;-)

• JesterMgee
    Options

that would be another reason not to update beyond v2 for me

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 393 Pro
    Options

The problem for most with all the four main NI apps is the rather suspect decision to have either the app or the app and/or the NTK Daemon to do a scan at start up.

Quite what it is scanning for would be good to know, as the lack of transparency on this and what the log files possibly indicate, does beg a few questions.

In my case, that scan has major problems with plugins by Blue Cat, UAD, and Flux, (there are others, but they are harder to spot) and if they think it's OK for no-one to use those plugs with NI, they might want to think again.

Does anyone at NI currently care at all in any way about its customers, or will they not until they stop buying?