20th Anniversary Colored Vinyl

Options
Scott Frost
Scott Frost Member Posts: 36 Helper

Did NI ever launch the colored vinyl? I tried to get it when it was announced but it never online to order, did it ever exist? Was it cancelled? I checked often and all the colors that I was shown were black.

Will you ever refresh the colors again?

I suspect it's probably not a big seller....

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,337 mod
    Options

I suspect it's probably not a big seller

I am sure that it sold out (and maybe a lot went for promotional activities) , but only 300 copies were made, it were meant as a collectors item. Ref. :

TRAKTOR's 20th Anniversary Giveaway

Press Release : Native Instruments celebrates 20 years of TRAKTOR with limited-edition timecode vinyl series

• Cloony
    Cloony Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

They were sold out in under 12h I tried to get one with no luck.... Why they didn't make these new colorways available for everybody is a really good question that would be a proper anniversary celebration to ditch the +10 years old colors

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,337 mod
    edited April 11
    Options

Could have been the "including a collaboration with New York-based turntablist Shiftee and Sasha’s record label Last Night On Earth." that sort of set the limits of it all ? (Ref. 1 , Ref. 2) In such 'promotional activity' participants finds a common ground of terms to agree on acceptable for all parties ! And also as I suggested earlier then maybe it were supposed to be a collectors item and not a common place item !?

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 317 Pro
    Options

I was one of the lucky few who was able to purchase all versions of the limited edition. They sold out within a few hours.

Why Traktor and Native Instruments find it so difficult to offer users something like this remains a mystery. I've been wanting to buy the 7" timecodes for x years, but can't find them anywhere. Native Instruments is really doing unnecessary nonsense here. Even if they can't make a big profit with things like that, it increases the value of a brand enormously if we can collect things and this binds the user more strongly to the product. I briefly looked outside the box to Serato... We can only be jealous. Why Traktor don't collaborating with other artists and strengthening the product remains a mystery to me.

• Scratch-E Con
    Scratch-E Con Member Posts: 89 Advisor
    Options

I was also disappointed about this until I bought Phase.

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 261 Guru
    edited April 13
    Options

Yes, I've always been so perplexed by this.

Imagine if they actually bothered to do a partnership with Andy C. It was such an open goal around ten years ago.

RAM Records ended up releasing a Serato vinyl for christ sake. You honestly couldn't make it up.

Such low hanging fruit for a company like NI, especially when one of the biggest vinyl pressing plants in Europe has been going for so many years in Germany; Optimal Media.