Some Instruments are not working in Maschine.

Options
RobMP73
RobMP73 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited April 15 in Maschine

Have just plugged Maschine in again after not using for months after being tempted by the Expansions sale! I've done all updates and updated OS. Everything is working fine except any Kontakt instruments and the Rolling Tides Expansion. You can preview all sounds and kits, but when you load them in they won't play in pad, keyboard or chord mode. No error messages for the instruments. Rolling Tides just won'd load at all and there's an error message. No idea what's causing the problem

Tagged:

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,227 mod
    Options

Do the Kontakt instruments work if you load Kontakt standalone rather than in Maschine? What's the error message you get with Rolling Tides?

• RobMP73
    Options

Thanks for the reply :-) I may not be describing this properly - I've not got Kontakt as a stand alone - only the Maschine software and some expansions. What happens is that when I try to select an instrument through the Maschine Browser, things like Massive and Monark behave totally normally, but anything that says it's a Kontakt sound/instrument (The Gentleman, Rickenbacker Bass, Hybrid Keys etc) doesn't work. You can preview all the sounds, but then when you press load the nothing happens. There's no error message. If I load an old project with one of those instruments in then that seems to work fine.

Rolling Tides just says 'Loading failed'.

Any help greatly appreciated! Rob

• RobMP73
    Options

Had a look and I have Kontakt 7 in my applications folder - just never used it before as I've only ever used them through the Maschine Software. The instruments seem to load fine with that.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

DRM-protected Kontakt libraries are not supported in M+ standalone. Any groups/sounds relying on such content will not load. The sound previews are separate audio clips, this is why they still work, however this doesnt mean the contents will load even if the preview sample clip makes a sound

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

Hey everyone there are no Kontakt instruments in expansions, it's usually made of samples and synths presets, like Massive or Monark. What Are Expansions?

What exactly are you trying to load? A project, a sound, an instrument? A group? Please post a screenshot if needed.

In this expansion there are Massive presets, Battery kits and Monark presets. Monark is a Reaktor synth.

Are Massive, Monark, Reaktor 6, Battery 4 installed on your system?