Release samples: real instruments vs synths

Options
sarahmeyz
sarahmeyz Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Wondering what are the thoughts about adding release samples for every kontakt instrument you create. Is it really necessary for the synthy ones, as it is for the real instrument samples (piano, violins, for example)?

Comments

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 525 Pro
    edited April 8
    Options

It's not really clear what you're referring to here. Why not give a specific Kontakt instrument with a "synthy" sample as an example? I know there are quite a few new multi-layered samplers that combine both actual samples with synth configurations. But in all cases the samples are actual samples which you can manipulate as they blend with the synthesized content. Is that what you're referring to?

• sarahmeyz
    sarahmeyz Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

Hi there,

The post was missing the "triggers" word after release, hence the confusion hehehe

I'm talking about adding release triggers to synth instruments vs real instruments. In real instruments, such as a violin or a piano, we definitely want to add release triggers to make it as close to real as possible. My wondering was about what are people thoughts on adding release triggers to synth instruments as well. As needed as the real ones, or not as much?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,181 Guru
    Options

IMO that would depend on the type of synth sound...