KONTAKT 7: strings instrument suggestion (QOL)

Options
Gus84HFR
Gus84HFR Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi,

I'm a new user of Prime bass, and of all of your session guitarist product, and there are a few thing that annoy me a lot:

-It is impossible to use the mouse wheel in the pattern browser.

Seriously? in 2024? Not being able to scroll the pattern list is the most annoying thing I've seen on an audio software.

-There is no way to "rate" the differents pattern.

Every software have this kind of option, just add a way to give 0-5 stars to each pattern.

-Zooming the UI is just blurring the UI.

We now have 4K monitor, we need to zoom, not to see bigger blured thing.

Thank you.

Comments

• Gus84HFR
    Options

Oh, and althougth we have plenty of fancy search option in the pattern browser, we are missing the basic one: a text search engine.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 475 Pro
    Options

If at any time you want to scroll through the entire list of presets all you have to do is click on the Library selection at the top of the page and it will take you back to the original screen where you selected your library with your current library loaded and all of it's presets are listed to the right. You can isolate the category of presets by selecting it in the preset listing and search/audition as much as you want. Double click and it takes you back to the individual view with that preset loaded.

From the library screen you also have the text search which will filter the preset list.

Maybe instead of whining and complaining you should read the manual?

• Gus84HFR
    Options

I've already RTFM. two or three times.

I don't want to browse "songs" I want to browse "pattern" in the pattern browser window:

And unless my mouse is not working, you have to grab the scroll bar to navigate this windows.

And yes, that is a shame for a 1200€ software.

As for the search text engine, I want to search in pattern name, not in all my instrument collection, where a "rock" research will trigger 25 different instruments.

I'm no whining and complaining, just telling NI that I personally care about that kind of stuff.

Because although NI instruments sounds great, their workflow are the worst ever.