Frequent audio cut outs on MacBook Pro M2 Max with Kontrol s2 mk3 and Traktor 3.11.044

Options
forfeit
forfeit Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm a somewhat new hobby DJ looking to start doing some live gigs but I'm having some issues with my Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 that's stopping me from doing it. Since I've picked up the unit back around Dec 2023, I've noticed the audio will cut out quite frequently on the headphone mix and the main out. Sometimes it's 6 times within 10 seconds; other times, it's 1-3. Oddly enough, these audio cut outs DO NOT happen on a recorded mix. I've tried so many different solutions from internet searches and I haven't been able to resolve the problem. Disabling multi core processing, turning off wi fi and other services, etc. The thing is, I shouldn't have to turn off any of these services to begin with on an almost brand new mac book pro m2 max. I'm at a point where I really need help. I'm at a point where I'm considering moving to an all in one solution, like from pioneer, to isolate everything into the hardware.

(I tried adding some links to demonstrate the issue, but the forum won't let me post them saying "you ahve to be around for a little while longer before you can post links).

I really appreciate any help I can get. I love the controller and I'd like to use it when going into my first gigs. If any additional information is needed, please let me know.

Answers

• Martiniix_NI
    Martiniix_NI Customer Care Posts: 10 mod
    Options

Heyo!

I have heard about this issue in the past, when you comment that the audio cuts does not happen necessarily in the recorded mixes I believe this issue has nothing much to do with the software but more with the hardware itself.

My suggestion in this case would be to contact our Hardware support team and they will guide you!

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053737-Product-Support

PD: Also if you had the possibility to try and use your software with a different controller from a friend or someone you might know, would let you know if the issue is a misconfiguration or hardware!