No M. MK4 & NI bleeding pockets by releasing recycle/rebrand SW

Options
BAElixir
BAElixir Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited March 29 in Maschine

I just wonder why no Maschine MK4 has been chosen not to be released but instead attempt to bleeding NI supporters pockets by release recycled/rebranded software. This is why Akai and Roland is winning the portable sampler category. Akai is doing the bare minimum aka slow balling and Roland is on point, hard pressed to point out a negative. It's crazy what NI is doing. What's going on on the hardware side NI???

Comments

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

I disagree. Akai is still recycling the same SOC boards they had when launching MPC Live, and Roland is still recycling their ACB and Zencore stuff ad nauseaum. The only thing those two companies are doing more is more frequent software updates. They are just as stuck when it comes to recycling their hardware stack

• BAElixir
    BAElixir Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

For some reason, NI's latest Action Woodwinds seems familiar if not similar 👀 Yeah Akai has some of the same SOC boards but you can solder on your own capacitors like I have. Easy work! Roland ACB sounds very good though so that's not an good point.

Remember we are talking about drum machine samplers. Roland has a great SP40 Mk2, Akai is throwing out samplers against the wall but the key hits are the MPC Live 2's and MPC X, even though you have to change out the capacitors to make them sound a little thicker sonically. NI priorities obviously changed from hardware and software to mainly software. With that being said, Machine 3.0 should have been happened and a true stand alone Maschine should have happened, like 4 years ago…..smh