why does NI3 say on it's access to open programs such as FM8 when it did not before

Options
Matt Footit
Matt Footit Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

what does it mean that body is required

Answers

• Matt Footit
    Options

I am getting tired of NI and their software😥

• Matt Footit
    Options

I have a problem that on native access it gives me that I have to open the program however the program works anyway. It is only on certain ones such as battery and kontact and a few others the rest are fine. this was never the case before until I upgraded to the latest Traktor software. As I say I am getting sick of their problems causing everyone grief. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem because NI in the past has never fixed my problems I have had to figure it out myself

• Matt Footit
    Options

And why do I have to log in on the support when I am already logged in. I am really at my wits end with them

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,141 Expert
    Options

I mean... I don't really get what issue you are facing and I probably won't be the only one. Screenshots would likely help tremendously.

What do you mean by "body is required"? What do you mean by "on native access it gives me that I have to open the program"?

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 198 Advisor
    Options

I think you are complaining that Native Access now gives us the opportunity to open things from within Native Access if we so choose?

So you can install an instrument and when it’s finished installing, you can simply click on open to run it.

You don’t have to use it, it’s simply there to save a few mouse clicks if you so wish.

It’s nothing to get angry about and is your choice whether to use or not.

It’s in their release notes, quote

“Added the ability to directly open standalone Applications from Native Access”

• Matt Footit
    Options

okay the comment body is required was a typo mistake so you are saying that despite all other programs giving me a simple installed on native access that these ones choose to have the open function from there despite being installed

• Matt Footit
    Options
  • Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,141 Expert
    Options

Like Ojustaboo mentioned, this is a new ability of Native Access 2 (ver. 3.9.0) for standalone apps - such as Kontakt, Battery, etc. Previously, you had to open these via their desktop shortcuts or by other means. You can still do that, but now you can also simply open them through Native Access by clicking "Open". It's more convenient now.

• Matt Footit
    Options

Thank you for your help