Ableton shows instruments, but won't load them to ongoing project.,

Ozone7
Ozone7 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi.

I'm in the process of moving my music from an Intel MacBook Pro to an M1Max Studio.

I've downloaded all the NI content to an external drive (as I had them on the Intel machine, although on a different actual drive).

When I open an Ableton project, it loads with a warning that the NI plugins cannot be found.

Looking at the Plugins list in Ableton, they're there and I can load a fresh instrument no problem. So it's just not associating the existing instruments in the project with the available plugs on the system.

Kontakt AU and Absynth VST on this one at the moment. Both from Komplete 5.

Ableton 11.1.1

Monterey 12.3

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Are you running Ableton in Rosetta mode ? How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

Do you know what versions of the plug-ins you were using on the old computer ? Were you using AU ? VST ?

• Ozone7
    Ozone7 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I am running in Rosetta, yes.

Absynth was VST.

Kontakt AU

They're both available in the plugin list (both formats) and I can load them manually.

• Jeremy_NI

Could you post a screenshot of the error message in Ableton ? What version of the plug-ins are installed on the all system ? For example Kontakt 6.6.1 / Absynth 5.3.4.

Also make sure to give Full Disk Access to Ableton and Kontakt: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Louis Lafontaine
    Louis Lafontaine Member Posts: 2 Member

I have a similar problem. Running Ableton Live (11.1.1) with Rosetta2. I reinstalled Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt latest versions to make sure I am up to date. When I load legacy projects on my new Mac Studio I get an error message saying Komplete Kontrol VST2 was not found. But is it correctly installed in AU, VST and VST3 system folders. Same for Kontakt (see below). I am still able to open the Live project except and I see the tracks with Komplete Kontrol installed, but if I click on one of these tracks, Live crashes. If I start a new project still in Live with Rosetta2 and search for Komplete Kontrol, the VST2 version is not there, but the plugin is in the VST2 system folder. Ok, so I load the AU version. Now I want to add Kontakt inside Komplete Kontrol. I don't have access to the AU version ! Only VST2 and VST 3. If I want to add Kontakt directly to a track without Komplete Kontrol, no problem the AU version is available. A total mess.

I have various other issues when I use Live natively (Rosetta2 off) and want to load my legacy project which uses Komplete Kontrol plugin. When all this will be solved ?

• Jeremy_NI

@Ozone7 @Louis Lafontaine I've contacted you both by email as we'll need more info on your systems.

• Don Mati
    Don Mati Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

hello

similar problem here

trying to open Ableton projects that were on my old computer but Plug ins won't open.

They show up like in the attached screenshot. I can drag the plugins into the project and open them, but they obviously open as new plugin without any of the original settings of the project.

I'm on a MacBook Pro 2022, Monterrey 12.5 and Apple M2 processor

Plugins

• Jeremy_NI

@Don Mati Not sure if you went through the whole thread. Since your old projects in Ableton were probably on an Intel computer, are you running Ableton in Rosetta mode on the M1? How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

Also make sure to give Full Disk Access to Ableton: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS